2. A
3. C
4. B

And comments I wrote during the listening:

A - less bottom, clearer, a bit woofy occasionally
B - darkest, somewhat neutral, a bit woofy too, quite "lifeless"
C - aggressive, nasal, lifeless too
D - midspike, a bit darker

I like A the most, because it sounds cleaner and with less muddy lowmids. I found B to be pretty much the opposite and the others inbetween A and B

Thanks Mark! And mintcheerios, all the re-amp boxes have XLR-F jacks, not just the ProRMP, so yeah, I used my trusty TRS-XLRm cable (courtesy of Redco, Neutrik/Mogami baby) for the tests.

Can I just say that there honestly isn't a huge difference in these clips guys. To be really frank, none of them appear to be "better" than another enough to not want to get any of the units. The differences are so minute and subtle it's not even funny. In a mix, the differences will disappear anyway.

~006

Hey dudes, mintcheerios was kind enough to let me know about a shootout contest that's going on over at the Home Recording Forum, so I entered my re-amp box shootout into the running, and I would really appreciate it if everyone could sign up over there (it's retardedly easy, just register, they send you the confirmation email, blah blah blah) and rate my thread 5 stars, which is how to vote (cuz the prize is Superior Drummer 2.0, with SPL Transient Designer plugs for the runners-up!) Here's the thread.

Thanks a lot guys!

ANNNDDD, results coming soon ;)

Can I just say that there honestly isn't a huge difference in these clips guys. To be really frank, none of them appear to be "better" than another enough to not want to get any of the units. The differences are so minute and subtle it's not even funny. In a mix, the differences will disappear anyway.

~006

Ah, so now minute differences disappear in a mix, as opposed to "adding up" in the case of preamps... :p :p

Just did the shootout. At first it seemed like the differences, while utterly small and insignificant, were still more noticeable than the differences in the DI shootout, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Once again, I did the test blind (didn't know if I was listening to A, B, C, or D).
Order of preferences was D, A, C, B. I'm not sure why/if I really preferred D over A, but D was my first leaning choice - D and A were clearly the most open sounding of the 4 IMO. Perhaps D was just a tiny bit more open sounding than A. I preferred C over B by the smallest margin you can imagine, and I don't know why--it was just my instinct.

I'm anxious to see the results, and I sort of hope that the Radial gear was not A and D, b/c then I would wonder if the extra gain on those somehow made me prefer them.

Thanks for doing this shootout, Marcus!

DCAB is my list of preference. D is clearly the winner, but I found it hard to decide if I prefer C or A. A is "bigger" but I kinda like the "sterile" quality of C even though it's a bit fizzy and weaker than A. I decided that I prefer C because I have the feeling it'd sound better in a mix, but I'm not very sure. I really hope the RMP is not B, since I'm probably going to order that very soon as I don't have enough money for a Redeye quite yet.

Edit: I listened to them again in random orders, and I think I actually prefer A over C. I guess I first decided the other way around as C just sounded so much better after B.

Starting get an extreme feeling of GearSlutz creeping in...

Seriously is there really so much of a difference between all of them? :lol:

Fucking shit man...

~006

Hey, can someone help me with reamping? I just got a ProRMP and I have a problem. Here is my chain.

Cubase playing dry track --> Line 6 Toneport UX1 --> ProRMP --> Dual Rec + Cabinet

I can hear my dry signal coming out of my cabinet, but it's not distorted even with the proper settings on the amp head. When I plug in my guitar, the amp sounds right again (with distortion etc).

I'm using the analog out of the Toneport with a TRS to XLR cable. It is balanced (has two stripes on tip). Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Hehehe, alright, I'd say it's about time

A - Reamp V.2
B - ProRMP (Sorry Mike, Burny, and Ze Kink! :heh: )
C - X-Amp
D - Redeye

Hey, can someone help me with reamping? I just got a ProRMP and I have a problem. Here is my chain.

Cubase playing dry track --> Line 6 Toneport UX1 --> ProRMP --> Dual Rec + Cabinet

I can hear my dry signal coming out of my cabinet, but it's not distorted even with the proper settings on the amp head. When I plug in my guitar, the amp sounds right again (with distortion etc).

I'm using the analog out of the Toneport with a TRS to XLR cable. It is balanced (has two stripes on tip). Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Try hard panning the channel you have your DI track on either hard L or R, and make sure the trim on the ProRMP is at max!