Biggest letdown?

Originally posted by ashure
only live album? what about Musique and Assembly? fucking Pet-shop-boys pop if you ask me !!:mad:
:p never noticed that :p
If a band change their style, lot of people are getting frustated. It's sad to see that, whatever they do, it's bad at forehand...
Take a REAL listen to it, don't be shy to move along with their songs and enjoy it!

Originally posted by ashure
only live album? what about Musique and Assembly? fucking Pet-shop-boys pop if you ask me !!:mad:
I'm so happy you agree with me on that one! I didn't mention it actually because normally people start flaming me then :)
Those albums are shit, but a lot of people seem to like them anyway. I'd rather keep listening to the Velvet Darkness stuff

Oh and about Sepultura, I want the big black guy to fuck off and I want Andreas, Igor and Paulo to cut the bullshit before it gets any worse :mad::mad:
And about Roots: it wasn't great at all either, Beneath the Remains and Arise are totally the best fucking thrash albums ever recorded. Better than Slayer in every way, better than Kreator, better than Sodom, better than anything.
By the way, I noticed in Ghent that Danny likes Inner Self as well :)
Oh and I was very afraid about buying that new live cd, from the last concert with Max, but I don't regret a BIT, I have only one word for it: FUCKING GREAT (sorry that were 2 words :)) And it's damn brutal too

Originally posted by Crack Hitler
I actually liked the new big black guy in Sepultura. He's scary :lol: plus owns, from what I can remember, good yelling voice.

what about the quality of music tho. goddamn,
compare it the tribal beginnings of arise and
what is there to analyze?

i've learned to let bands choose their course. if the
next one sucks, then fuck it, they have left us a history
of classics that will NEVER expire. let us wait and see
what happens to Saturnus... then revive this thread/.

Originally posted by nogs00
what about the quality of music tho. goddamn,
compare it the tribal beginnings of arise and
what is there to analyze?

From what I can remember it was a decent album (the first with the new guy). Nothing to write home about but some nice straightforward crushing, good soundtrack for vacuuming... But then again I never was a fan of old (or new) Sepultura.

Originally posted by Don Corleone
what will happen to saturnus?

i don't know, but the reason i ask is because brian
and especially kim have left saturnus. kim, as you
already know, was the sole (genius) song writer.

led zeppelin - the song remains the same (dvd)

only thing i can see when trying to watch that is a text on the screen 'no play'.. fuck i've been cheated totally!

well it maybe has some matter that the dvd is coded as r1, and my player shows only r2-versions.. yep yep should have check that. i didn't.

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Pure death times!??? I know that you mean albums like Schizofrenia and Bestial Devestation, but that's not death metal man, it was like a raw thrash version of what they would become later. Anyway, labels suck

This is pure Hard Core!!!!! :headbang:

Originally posted by Forlorn Hope
Pure death times!??? I know that you mean albums like Schizofrenia and Bestial Devestation, but that's not death metal man, it was like a raw thrash version of what they would become later. Anyway, labels suck

i was talking about their very first albums. a friend had lent me a few CDs and they were totally unbearable. but that was when i was getting into extreme metal for the first time. i should definitely give them another chance...

Originally posted by nogs00
i don't know, but the reason i ask is because brian
and especially kim have left saturnus. kim, as you
already know, was the sole (genius) song writer.

that i didnt know. i just listen to the band, thats all. i like them but they are not amongst my faves so i dont know much about the band in detail.

Originally posted by Mariner
:p never noticed that :p
If a band change their style, lot of people are getting frustated. It's sad to see that, whatever they do, it's bad at forehand...
Take a REAL listen to it, don't be shy to move along with their songs and enjoy it!

well first of all, I did not get frustrated or anything when I saw Theatre of tragedy has changed their style since I'm not even a real fan of them. And believe me or not I've taken a real listen to those albums but if a band(especially a good band in the past) sucked, it sucked and there's nothing you can do about it but changing your mind about that band.Like I said, I wasn't a fan, but like Forlorn Hope I love Velvet Darkness stuff.So personally hearing this kind of lectures about being openminded or some stuff like that is what I can't stand lately, I don't get those people who think Cradle of filth is after money, but also think we should give the same credit to 'poppy' Theatre of Tragedy.Who-and/or-what do you think ToT is making their new music for?

Originally posted by Don Corleone
that i didnt know.

dude, it happened. brian and KIM put out a record
since the split. Everyone on this board should check
out The Loveless - Star Rover. fucking brilliant
album. danny, check this out.... really!