Black Metal

They're Taake, from Bergen, Norway. You can probably find that album (Hordalands Doedskvad) on Amazon, though it probably won't be cheap.

Personally I think Tsjuder are (were, they've split-up now) one of the best modern black metal bands. Their best (and last) album Desert Northern Hell features the song you heard.

Yeah they didn't have it :(
I signed up to be notified when they get one though! :)

Yargh. So many albums, so little money...

They won't probably won't get one man ... BUT when I get home tonight I'll try and track a copy down for you (I'm just on my break from work now...). Your best bet is probably eBay though, do you use eBay at all?

Nope. Never have, probably never will. Bidding on something =/= buying it. I'd rather buy it than "Bid" on it. *shrug*

Hmmm...... I'll have to check the vast expanses of teh internets to see if I can find one somewhere.

Yeah man, that's the problem with Taake. Their CDs aren't really widely available, might be worth search eBay for a copy 'Buy it Now' though Keenan.

Anyway, come on people, no more love the Taake song?! I know some of you around here must like the black metals! ... Maybe not :lol:

I don't enjoy black metal all that much, but that song was incredible! I'mm check eBay to see if they have a copy of that album.... "Buy Now" please be there.... :lol:

EDIT : This album is fucking impossible to find god dammit.
Amazon - Fail
GOOGLE - Fail
Their fucking RECORD COMPANY - Fail.
eBay has one copy, and its a vinyl...... FUCK. No buy now option, and I have to use Paypal..... :mad:

I'm not much into Black Metal either. I like some of the Dimmu Borgir stuff but thats nearly mainstream metal now from what I can tell. And I do have Satyricon's last album which I quite liked.

I am a bit interested in Emperor's stuff now having bought Ihsahn's albums and watching the few songs that have been posted here. So I'll see how that goes.

To be honest, I do really want it... but it's going to go for a fair but, and I simply don't know if I can afford it right now. :(

:lol: Its all good man, go for it.

Although, being on eBay, I searched for something else I wanted..... AND FOUND IT! o_O And now I'm in a bidding war with 2 other people. :lol:

Yeah, it's AWESOME. I just bought the album on vinyl, the extremely limited, extremely sexy edition (paid a fair bit for it though :(). I'll post photos as soon as it arrives!

Keenan, you want a tip for eBay? Don't get into bidding wars days, hours or even minutes before an item is ending. It'll only bump the price up, and up. If you want to know my secret. I only ever bid with less that 10 seconds to go.

Yeah, it's AWESOME. I just bought the album on vinyl, the extremely limited, extremely sexy edition (paid a fair bit for it though :(). I'll post photos as soon as it arrives!

Keenan, you want a tip for eBay? Don't get into bidding wars days, hours or even minutes before an item is ending. It'll only bump the price up, and up. If you want to know my secret. I only ever bid with less that 10 seconds to go.

You got it huh?

Thanks man, but I think I'll pass. The only reason I made an account was for that comic, but I think I'll stick to Amazon from now on. Clicking "BUY" >>>>>>>>>>>> hoping nobody pulls a Podgie and screws you with seconds left. :lol:

You got it huh?

Yeah man :) I ended up paying a little more than I'd have liked for it, but I kind of had my heart set on it. That, and Taake things are really collectible. I suppose you could say they have a cult following, of sorts.

Clicking "BUY" >>>>>>>>>>>> hoping nobody pulls a Podgie and screws you with seconds left. :lol:

I don't do it to annoy people! :lol: I can imagine I've pissed a lot of people off by outbidding them in my time, but that's just the method that seems to work best for me. So I stick to it.

Lucky bastard..... Only way I'm gonna get that album now is iTunes..... Meh. Doesn iTunes even have it? :lol:

Norwegian black metal discussion, great. I could translate those lyrics for ya :lol:

I know Hordaland is a county in Norway and Doedskvad means death chant, I think... but it's always best to have something translated by a human rather than a computer :zombie:

Hordaland Doedskvad Part IV

En farkost med stø kurs mot dit hjerte
Byksende med byttet i munn
Fra min sjels skitne kjeller
Hvor liv var planlagt men intet lever
Avdødes siste ønske
Taakebanker
Urne
En gammel mann for ung for å leve
Selvmordsengelen kommer hjem til deg
Overstreker våpen som gjør skallen åpen
For resten av vraket skylte i land hos meg