Black Rose Immortal: Just how many tomes have you listened to it?

Black Rose Immortal: Just how many times have you listened to it?

• under 10 times

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • 10 - 20 times

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • 20 - 50 times

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • 50 - 100 times

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • 100 - 200 times

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • 200 - 400 times

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • 400 - 800 times

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • above 800 times, honest

Votes: 4 6.9%

• Total voters
Black Rose Immortal is surely NOT AT ALL overrated! It is rightfully loved by the many Opeth fans around here - obviously, the song is a musical masterpiece and has so many fine moments that no other song will ever touch for quite some time....well, unless Opeth chooses to make an album back in their earlier, epic days.

I don't know how many times I've listened to it....:D I'll just say a lot!

Sure it has its moments, but to me there are only a few, and it becomes a chore making it through 20 minutes of only ok material. I don't think it can be called a song, it is just scattered pieces placed together, kind of aggravating really...

Originally posted by Morningrise
Sure it has its moments, but to me there are only a few, and it becomes a chore making it through 20 minutes of only ok material. I don't think it can be called a song, it is just scattered pieces placed together, kind of aggravating really...

Just think, though...it's kinda like what you get with classical music, with it's many movements and such. Like the song Moonlight Sonata...various compositions. And, Opeth's BRI (and others off Orchid/Morningrise with their 11-14 min. length) is much like that...in the death/black metal style. It's just spectacular music to listen to....and all the parts go together nicely IMO, even though they are slightly broken up. It gives that epic, musical feeling which I can't describe.....

Of course, I'm not trying to change your mind....to each their own, I guess....