Black Sabbath: Why the awards?

Erik said:
DG

How the fuck can you confuse that with Dehumanizer? Hint: Dehumanizer had FUCKING DIO. You know, ronnie james dragons and rings look out there's danger i'm like 2 feet tall motherfucking dio?

HAHAHHAHAAHH I love you.

I mean Dio. I love Dio. =\

I don't like any sabbath after sabotage(someone's going to shoot me down, whatever). Sabbath do deserve all the credit in the world for the first 6 albums.

Carcassian said:
Hey,

The stark truth is that they haven't really released anything worth listening to since 1980, arguably 1983, live albums excluded.

?
"Dehumanizer" is 1992... and it's great!

Dehumanizer is boring, what's the big deal ?

I will admit Dio sounds good. Dio always sounds good, that alone does not make a cd good.

They deserved the award long before now and long before it became so watered down and disrespected.
Simply because a band has not released anything new or good in forever and a day does not mean their older material doesn't deserve recognition.
They are touring because they love to make music and perform it in front of their fans -- same reason any decent band/act would.
And, goddammit, Deathsweetembrace beat me to quoting Erik in my sig
Erik said:
How the fuck can you confuse that with Dehumanizer? Hint: Dehumanizer had FUCKING DIO. You know, ronnie james dragons and rings look out there's danger i'm like 2 feet tall motherfucking dio?
Best quote ever!:kickass:

Dodens Grav said:
All of their albums excluding Seventh Star are quality, it's just that nobody fucking listens to them because they don't know shit about fuck.

I second and third, however there were one or two decent tracks on Seventh Star, but then again, neither that or Eternal Idol were originally supposed to be released under the Sabbath moniker, that was Warner Bros. doing.

Anyhow, glad this thread is out here, as this is one more opportunity for me to plug the latest episode of MSRCAST, which is all Sabbath without Ozzy! We cover from Heaven and Hell to 1995's Forbidden, all in an hour and a half.

Check it out.

ender7227 said:
They deserved the award long before now and long before it became so watered down and disrespected.
Simply because a band has not released anything new or good in forever and a day does not mean their older material doesn't deserve recognition.
They are touring because they love to make music and perform it in front of their fans -- same reason any decent band/act would.

And, goddammit, Deathsweetembrace beat me to quoting Erik in my sig
Best quote ever!:kickass:

1) I didn't say they didn't deserve recognition, but why now? Why now and JUST THOSE MEMBERS? Don't the non-Ozzy years count? Where was Tony Martin? Dio? Carmen Appice? Dave "The Beast Spitz"? Cozy Powel (actually, scrub that last one). They got an award due to Ozzy being this decades horrible joke that mainstream pop culture equates with metal. To be frank, that pisses me off.

2) So Tony Iommi tours with Sabbath playing only Ozzy era songs because he loves to play in front of fans? Nothing to do with the cash then? I guess he obviously loves his music that much that THEY DON'T PLAY ANY SONGS RECORDED PAST 1978. I've seen this incarnation of Sabbath several times since the reunion, and while Geezer and Tony are always fun to watch, Ozzy hits more flats than a German bomber over Coventry, that is if he can read the words correctly.

Some Sabbath albums are brilliant, but come on, give it up already.