Black Sabbath: Why the awards?

The Greys said:
Dehumanizer is boring, what's the big deal ?

I will admit Dio sounds good. Dio always sounds good, that alone does not make a cd good.
I like that album not because of Dio but because of songs, which I find really good.

Carcassian said:
1) I didn't say they didn't deserve recognition, but why now? Why now and JUST THOSE MEMBERS? Don't the non-Ozzy years count? Where was Tony Martin? Dio? Carmen Appice? Dave "The Beast Spitz"? Cozy Powel (actually, scrub that last one). They got an award due to Ozzy being this decades horrible joke that mainstream pop culture equates with metal. To be frank, that pisses me off.

2) So Tony Iommi tours with Sabbath playing only Ozzy era songs because he loves to play in front of fans? Nothing to do with the cash then? I guess he obviously loves his music that much that THEY DON'T PLAY ANY SONGS RECORDED PAST 1978. I've seen this incarnation of Sabbath several times since the reunion, and while Geezer and Tony are always fun to watch, Ozzy hits more flats than a German bomber over Coventry, that is if he can read the words correctly.

Some Sabbath albums are brilliant, but come on, give it up already.

A) I misread you as saying they did not deserve recognition now, but you are actually saying why so late, so my point is moot, as their ozzy era is being respected. Now, their Ozzy era is being awarded because that is the Sabbath everyone knows and the only Sabbath anyone gives a damn about. This is a public award being given for ratings and not much else, so the public is being shown the Black Sabbath they know and expect
B)They are performing Ozzy era songs because they are touring with ozzyo_O Now, does that mean they are touring for money? Maybe, I don't know. Did I say they were touring for ethical reasons instead of greed? Yes. Am I wrong? Probably
Is this out of the ordinary? No.