Blackened Death Metal

:shakes his head in disapproval: Dave Dave Dave, haven't you learned anything yet? Every single post you make about a band praises them to be the BEST, or most BRUTAL, HEAVY, TECHINCAL MELODIC BRUTAL DEATH METAL. Everyone band you talk about cannot be all of those at the same time. And you wonder why I slam you all the time when you talk about bands? Get a freakin clue ftlog.

I have been pretty consistent with suffocation, nile, deeds of flesh, and behemoth being the four most br000tal bands ever

there are bands that are more extreme, but they are mostly tasteless garbage that is unlistenable for me (again IMO)

Any fans of Zyklon should check out Myrkskog, if they haven't already. Destructhor does guitar and vox and Sechtdamon plays brutal drums. Killer band.

Zyklon are pretty good, but i get bored easily while listening to them. Austria's Blephegor is something else though. Fucking good blackened death, kind of similar to Behemoth (that's the impression i got when i first heard them), but much much better.

I have been pretty consistent with suffocation, nile, deeds of flesh, and behemoth being the four most br000tal bands ever

there are bands that are more extreme, but they are mostly tasteless garbage that is unlistenable for me (again IMO)

GodDAMN, you are the one of the most superfluous, dryest, systematic, and unnecessary human beings I've ever encountered. STOP CATEGORIZING EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!! WHO CARES IF SOMEONE CAN'T NAME THE TOP 20 DM ALBUMS OF ALL TIME?! NO ONE FUCKING CARES!! :mad: :erk: :puke:

But all hyperbole aside, you need to shut up sometime.

As for blackened death metal, I don't find it to be a very stimulating genre. Other than Dissection, Behemoth, and Necrophobic, I find few bands worth listening to more than once.

GodDAMN, you are the one of the most superfluous, dryest, systematic, and unnecessary human beings I've ever encountered. STOP CATEGORIZING EVERYTHING YOU DO!!!! WHO CARES IF SOMEONE CAN'T NAME THE TOP 20 DM ALBUMS OF ALL TIME?! NO ONE FUCKING CARES!! :mad: :erk: :puke:

As for blackened death metal, I don't find it to be a very stimulating genre. Other than Dissection, Behemoth, and Necrophobic, I find few bands worth listening to more than once.

You know that feeling you get when you see someone get randomly nailed in the nads and it makes YOUR nads hurt? Well, I felt that just a second ago when you just kicked Dave square in his raisins.

I'm not sure if they would fall under this label, but Portal's "Seepia" is one my favorite records from the last 5 years. Totally chaotic and noisy, and definitely takes elements of death and black . I think I recall hearing others here mention them previously.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Agreed. I'm really digging the stuff they provide from their latest album. It's brutal yet atmospheric, and it conveys that sound with proficiency and fine musicianship.

Blackened Death I guess may seem like a formula for disaster, but properly calculated, the success it enjoys can be monumental.
Come to think of it, as a blackened death CD, it has polished modern death metal production. When viewed from a bm standpoint, the polished production may be offputting to some. But I think it fits the sound. They aren't trying to be raw black metal or anything.

I think a couple of months is all it takes to get the hang of the shit that goes on here... I mean, it's pretty goddamn predictable. Somebody says something, everybody jumps on him, they respond like a 13-yr old girls, then return to coda. You can learn that from being here in one day.

Zyklon are pretty good, but i get bored easily while listening to them. Austria's Blephegor is something else though. Fucking good blackened death, kind of similar to Behemoth (that's the impression i got when i first heard them), but much much better.

Belphegor... :kickass: very very underrated band... I have their Lucifer Incestus album (one of the greatest album covers imo) and I just bought their Pestapokalyse VI album... I will listen to it later today and let you know what I think about that one...

Why do people call bands without some focus on the bass end heavy?

Heavy =/= Brutal which is OBVIOUSLY the word you're looking for.
I agree with both of these. To me heaviness is that thick, deep sound. What Brutality sounds like to me is somewhat hard to articulate, but basically it sounds powerful, extreme, and aggressive. An example of heaviness for me is Incantation - Onward to Golgotha and an example of brutality is Brodequin - Methods of Execution.

Relating to the topic, I think black death doesn't have enough heaviness or brutality from Death metal, and not enough of black metal atmosphere or passion.

Normally I'd agree if they possess the reading and writing abilities of someone over the age of 10.

He's from Germany iirc and also you are a completely worthless piece of shit poster.

Anyway, I like some black/death stuff. Dawn Of Dreams, Portal, Sacramentum, Forest Of Impaled (new one isn't good apparently, though?), Angelcorpse.