Blind Guardian Dvd

Stoink

Feb 23, 2005
Kansas
I know there is probably more than one thread out there about the DVD, but finally I got my hands on it. I just watned to say that is easily probably one of the best music dvds I have ever seen. There was an excellent song selection as well as the crowd being on ethe best crowds ever. They just kept chanting and knowing every word to every song which has got just make BG feel incredibly good knowing that their music has made that much impact. The only downfall that I could see is that Hansi hardly moves at all. Granted his vocals easily make up for the lack of movement, but it would be better if got a little more into the music.

Hansi's kinda wierd like that. Notice how he raises his heel on one foot all the time?

Funny that you should start this thread, cuz I just watched all of it last night and all the bonus material. What a killer setlist. My brother had the quote of the night:

"This drummer's a fuckin endurance machine!"

Along with:

"TAKE YOUR FOOT OFF THE WAH!!!"

He hates how Andre solos all the way through every song. He always wants to hear what the rhythm riffs sound like. Damned rhythm guitarists. Never wanna be a lead guitarist. LOL I fuckin love it. Proves what a phenomenal memory he has. To remember all those notes. Heh heh.

Man.... I dunno if I can really say it's THE greatest live concert video, cuz I've just sat down to watch Operation Livecrime before going to see Queensryche do it again, and damnit, it's 15 years old and still represents excellence in execution. But this BG video is definitely an undefeatable second place!

I've heard mixed things on that DVD...some really love it - some say it's boring since they show so little emotion (I thought the same thing of their PP appearance... Hansi's intro to songs SUCK)

I haven't picked it up myself yet...

they spin a new sound of some of the songs and they make absolutely no mistakes.. not to mention i can put up with hansi lacking stage presence, because stage presence is usually only needed if you're actually watching and not crying because of how beautiful the vocals are :)

hansi's facial expressions are worth it anyways

hansi9dw.jpg

This DVD rocks! I agree with the stage presence part...but apart from that they are one of the greatest live bands on earth...not necessarily because of their musical talents but because of their songs. I don't know any band with such catchy choruses like Blind Guardian...the crowd never stops singing, and this creates a magical atmosphere.

BG are essentialy just a group of bards up there telling some stories, so who needs them running around the stage? :)

Tomorrow will take us away
Far from home
No one will ever know our names
But the bards' songs will remain

I've been trying to order this DVD for two days but "my credit card issuer" keeps "declining my request", which is retarded because I just ordered three CD's using the same credit card, but it only fails when I try to order this DVD. It's like Blind Guardian put some sort of gay voodoo barrier around it so I can't order it. Or my bank sucks. Either one.

I am glad that they dont run around like a bunch of idiots however when they just stand there they lack stage presence that I know they have deep down in them. I bet that it would be different if I was actually there though.

Aside from the bit of amusement I get from watching Hansi's gut, I absolutely love the DVD. Sure, maybe the stage presence isn't great, but who needs stage presence when you have a crowd like that?

Free dvd that came with the Angra cd is also top notch. I am very surprised that it came free it looks as if it was a well financed dvd audio and visual recording wise.