Blind Guardian

For anyone who enjoys Blind Guardian's older discs, you should investigate "Dreamland Manor" by Savage Circus. As the story goes, Bling Guardian's drummer, Thomen Stauch, had written a lot of material that would have taken the band back towards their classic sound. When the band balked, Thomen formed his own band. So while this band can most certainly be viewed as a BG clone, they are also, in many ways, just being who they are. The songs and production are top rate.

Zod

The only one I can stomach anymore is Nightfall in Middle Earth. Mainly because of the song "Nightfall."

I SWEAR REVENGE!!!

Man, Imaginations... sucks. SFE is okay. Their first two are pretty good. The last one is overproduced and not very good. Tales... sounds mostly like poo.

J. said:
greatassgif.gif

:loco:

That is fucking amazing. :worship:

Pyrus said:
ANATO is pretty much crap. Just buy the And Then There Was Silence single, and get a nifty little ballad along with it. The other worthwhile tracks can be found on Live, with less orchestral bullshit.

Live fucking slays. Their "Imaginations from the Looking Glass" is quite nifty aswell. I still need to pick up the old shit. :Smokedev:

General Zod said:
For anyone who enjoys Blind Guardian's older discs, you should investigate "Dreamland Manor" by Savage Circus....So while this band can most certainly be viewed as a BG clone....

Hahaha....oh my god, this is a TOTAL rip off. I mean, this isn't just BG worship a la Persuader, this is total copycat stuff. The vocalist is going out of his way to sing like Hansi. Just weird.

I wonder if the musicians here were once in a BG tribute band? I wouldn't be surprised. The drummer probably found these guys playing live in some Greek metal club or something.

Well, 2 of the members are also in Persuader, who were produced by Piet Sielck (Iron Savior) who is also in Savage Circus.

I haven't heard it fully -- in truth, I just heard the first two songs, but the whole thing just seems so... redundant.

Of course, if they're churning out music that's BETTER than BG, then it's a different matter.