Bloodbound "Unholy Cross"

TwizstedJesus

Mar 1, 2004
I've just heard a bit of this and I must say from what I've heard, so far it is their best work to date! I'm very impressed with the style, similiar to a Nocturnal Rites/ Hammerfall power metal thing. I loved Nosferatu, Book of the Dead was a small step back, and I only heard Tabula Rosa once and was unimpressed with it, so this new one comes as a surprise to me.

Any opinions on this one yet?

i love the music, the vocals were ok. Urban Breed would have slayed on this album

i love the music, the vocals were ok. Urban Breed would have slayed on this album

Yes, Urban Breed would have been great on this. But the vocals are better than OK, the guy does an excellent job IMO.

Those who said "No Urban, no Bloodbound" should really check out that album...

Have to agree that Urban would have made this album much much better. The album as it stands is very good but I am STILL a little bit disappointed in this album. I was expecting so much more. Maybe I expect too much sometimes but the choruses do not seem as catchy as I was hoping for. They are catchy but the vocal melodies seem very much recycled this time from other bands mainly Maiden and Helloween of course. One song sounds exactly like The Clansman to me and others have typical high Helloweeny choruses. Having said all that I'll probably still buy this album as it is very good. Also the pacing seems rather odd as all three opening tracks are midpacers and you'd think a fast paced songs would be first or at least second but the faster music which I like more comes later on. The production whilst solid could also have been a touch clearer but I'm very picky with sound in general. I was hoping that this would challenge Power Quest as my album of the year so far but it's not even close.

I'm really into it. No, Urban's not on it- GET OVER IT!! I love Urban's voice as much as the next guy but c'mon!!
It's still a very solid heavy/ power metal album that can stand on it's own. The more I listen the more I like- the title track kicks ass!!

This album's failure is not due to the lack of Urban Breed - it's due to the lack of any exciting ideas. Tabula Rasa was a fantastic fucking album, because the band strayed WAY off course from the first two and created an amazing mixture of power metal with prog elements, thrash elements, and even melodic-death elements (musically). It was a damn great and exciting album, where every song was memorable. This album just returns to a very "by-the-numbers" formula. It's probably better than Book of the Dead, but honestly in the wake of the (in my opinion) masterpiece that Tabula Rasa was - it comes off as completely unnecessary - almost silly. It just screams: "Why should anyone even listen to this band, as opposed to dozens like them?". Sorry if this sounds really harsh, but TR was my #2 album of 2009, and of 20 albums I've heard thus far in 2011, this probably wouldn't even make the top half. It's just... dull.