Bloodstock 04

Peter Day

Oct 14, 2001
Ickleford. Hitchin.UK
Just heard that Primal Fear are playing this great event.
:hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:
There performance last time was great.

Whos going to this years True Metal Festival.

One of the best things about this event is you get to check out bands that you would not normally see...i would say saturday last year was not the best line up for me, but i got to check out bands like Masterplan, Illuminatus and the headliners Nightwish...all these bands i would say i would not have seen otherwise. Of course i would still only spend the money if there was at least two bands i'd want to see.

i went to Bloodstock 2003 to see BLAZE and Saxon, and cos I've it I now also own CDs by Power Quest and Masterplan and enjoyed numerous other sets

the ability to flit between the 2 rooms on Saturday was great, cos I was able to get great value for money without missing much

Bloodstock is a MUST for any true metal fan. i went in 2002 and 2003 and i could stay there for ever man. the atmosphere is great, its not too big a capacity, its organised werll so that u can see any band u want at any time, the line-up for the festival is amazing every year. id recommend anybody to go to this festival. i havnt got my tickets yet as my m8 just got sacked..lol but i will be as soon as possible.
the line-up this year is already looking great. edenbridge, primal fear and balance of power. woow! plus there is a chance that threshold might be there...if that happens itl be better than last year!!!!!!!!!!
if it wasnt for bloodstock i would have never had a chance to see, blind guardian, gamma ray, masterplan, power quest, dragonforce, cruel humanity, bal sagoth, nightwish, diamond head, elvenking, edguy, freedom call or saxon. is giving me sooo much :p hehehe

:lol: Sorry, but you have no idea how many times I've seen 4WK - for that matter, neither have I - so it's not really an incentive to travel halfway across the country to see them.

The variety they brought in last year with the second stage needs to expand throughout the whole thing.

Well, I live the Kill but I never get to see them.

I wouldn't say I'm hard done to for gigs up here, but it does get annoying that some bands miss us out completely, largely through travel and booking constraints.

Hence it took me years to see Area 54 (though the Bolton date did kick arse), I've still not seen Electric Frankenstein, and so on...

Last years was the first time I'd made it to Bloodstock. Most of the bands I enjoyed, I'd never heard of, and only the one was a power metal act. Yes, improved diversity would be better, but that's why Vince takes on feedback.

OK, all thou nay-sayers....
Satday BS04 headliners are a THRASH act!!!
Children Of Bodom!!!!
Kick arse!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I'm getting just a touch excited)

Now if we can just get the 54 and Voivod on the bill...