Bored off my ass

Jun 26, 2004
Hey All,

I thought I would post this to keep myself busy. Right now Nevermore is in Dortmund Germany (very cool city) hanging out until the next festivals in Spain. We have five days off and I am itching to play. Anyway thought I would say

Whats Up!!!!!!
Chris.

Sounds like the "calm before the storm" though. I definitely look forward in seeing the coming reviews/press for the upcoming shows as well as the eventual Nevermore DVD footage!

Since your bored...... something I've been wanting to get your thoughts on - and thought this may actually be a good one as it would pertain to your Ibanez endorsement: I've recently picked up a couple of Ibanez MIJ RG7421 Fixed bridge guitars - both are black and I've been really lucky in finding a couple in good shape with nice straight necks and I'm really falling in love with their necks. I'm wanting to pick up one more. I'd like to get one in another color besides black - with their limited color options and trying to take the chance and get lucky on finding another, I've noticed in your recent videos, you're playing the Prestige RG1527 ( color blue, which I would love to have ). Although several stores in our area carries Ibanez ( including Guitar Center ), none have one on the shelf ( of course they can order one ), so I can not try one before ordering. The newer RG7321 have a thicker necker profile than the older ones which I do not like ( not to mention Korean or Indonesian made ). I was wondering your thoughts:
1. My understanding is that the prestige necks are thin comparable to the earlier MIJ models?
2. I use to have Floyd style trems years ago, but got away from them as they were so much harder to keep up. Thoughts on the 1527's trem?
3. Any experience w/ blocking or any of the trem converters out there for the return to stable position allowing for dive-bombs, but no sharped notes ( even though by looking at the Loomis/Broderick duel looks like you were raising for that sitar effect ).
4. Action of trem to raduius/slope of fretboard?

Since you were bored........ Thanks!

Darin J Moore said:
Sounds like the "calm before the storm" though. I definitely look forward in seeing the coming reviews/press for the upcoming shows as well as the eventual Nevermore DVD footage!

Since your bored...... something I've been wanting to get your thoughts on - and thought this may actually be a good one as it would pertain to your Ibanez endorsement: I've recently picked up a couple of Ibanez MIJ RG7421 Fixed bridge guitars - both are black and I've been really lucky in finding a couple in good shape with nice straight necks and I'm really falling in love with their necks. I'm wanting to pick up one more. I'd like to get one in another color besides black - with their limited color options and trying to take the chance and get lucky on finding another, I've noticed in your recent videos, you're playing the Prestige RG1527 ( color blue, which I would love to have ). Although several stores in our area carries Ibanez ( including Guitar Center ), none have one on the shelf ( of course they can order one ), so I can not try one before ordering. The newer RG7321 have a thicker necker profile than the older ones which I do not like ( not to mention Korean or Indonesian made ). I was wondering your thoughts:
1. My understanding is that the prestige necks are thin comparable to the earlier MIJ models?
2. I use to have Floyd style trems years ago, but got away from them as they were so much harder to keep up. Thoughts on the 1527's trem?
3. Any experience w/ blocking or any of the trem converters out there for the return to stable position allowing for dive-bombs, but no sharped notes ( even though by looking at the Loomis/Broderick duel looks like you were raising for that sitar effect ).
4. Action of trem to raduius/slope of fretboard?

Since you were bored........ Thanks!

Hey Darin - Do you ever speak english? I don't understand Guitarted. All i heard was "blah blah blah blah, black guitar, blue guitar, blah blah blah.":lol:

Hey Chris - if you're bored, why don't you tell us a lil more of what's going on day to day.

Here, I'll make it e-simple for ya.

1. What city are you in today?
2. What did you eat today?
3. Did you practice guitar? Alone? Or does Loomis practice with you.
4. Does Loomis even practice while on tour?
5. Did you go site seeing?
6. Any good groupie stories yet?
7. Who was the last band member you saw naked and why?
8. Anyone puke on tour yet?
9. Are there any Nevermore songs that they're not doing live that you'd like to play?
10. The debate on who's a better guitarist will never end, but between you and loomis who's a better back up singer?
11. How do you work out on tour?
12. Anyone else in Nevermore work out?
13. Describe where you're sitting right now. Internet cafe? Hotel?
14. Beside me who's the most annoying board member?....Oh wait, that's gotta be Zac or MEtalgtr, nevermind.
15. How cool is it to be in Guitar World. What other magazines would you wanna be in?
16. Ever do any tv shows?
17. Ever get stage fright?
18. Can you post some pictures?
19. What are you listening to now?
20. Which country are you looking forward to playing at?

---more to come

some pics of nevermore @ metal camp , tolmin 21.7.06
maybe i should have switched to this festival , chances of seeing nevermore would have been better :yuk: :heh:
enjoy your stay in germany... good luck for spain, too ;)

here are some cool pics :headbang:

nevermore01.jpg

nevermore03.jpg

nevermore04.jpg

nevermore05.jpg

nevermore06.jpg

nevermore07.jpg

nevermore08.jpg

nevermore11.jpg

nevermore12.jpg

nevermore15.jpg

nevermore16.jpg

More cool pics : http://www.photopit.com

MetalSteph said:
14. Beside me who's the most annoying board member?....Oh wait, that's gotta be Zac or MEtalgtr, nevermind.

Eat balls. How the fuck am I annnoying? You weiner.
Just because I'm not "metal" doesn't mean you need to harrass me via an online forum.
This really hurts my feelings Steph, and frankly I don't know how much more I can take.

Oh, and hello to Chris in Germany.
I see you are now color coordinating your guitars with your outfits. Cute.

Geben Sie in Deutschland acht. Eine Menge Leute dort genießen, Amerikaner im Arschloch zu bumsen. Es ist nachts sehr gefährlich, gefällt so achtgibt. Jedoch bereisen Sie mit Nevermore, also bin ich sicher, daß Sie bereits sodomizing gewöhnt werden.

Zac said:
Geben Sie in Deutschland acht. Eine Menge Leute dort genießen, Amerikaner im Arschloch zu bumsen. Es ist nachts sehr gefährlich, gefällt so achtgibt. Jedoch bereisen Sie mit Nevermore, also bin ich sicher, daß Sie bereits sodomizing gewöhnt werden.

you actually get the meaning of this, don't you ? :saint: :saint: :saint: :devil:

Hey Zac - My german friend translated it for me, but she says it's not written very well. But I did laugh my ass off.

Chris - Marion said what Zac basically said was:

"Pay attention in germany, many people like to fuck Americans in the asshole. It is very dangerous at night. Nevertheless travelling with Nevermore, I am very sure, that you are used to sodomizing."

this was great german!!!! translation ruled, though!

and chris! fuck, dortmund is only 1 1/2 hours from colonge were i live!!! can i visit you guys at the century media headquarter? ;)
i hope to see u in wacken, maybe you can roam the festival a bit, because when u were in cologne with jag panzer (glashütte, with savallion dawn), i just was too shy to speak to you, not knowing how kind you are, hrhr. well it was before i registered on your board here... anyway, see u on stage soon!!! and please do some 2 hand tapping stuff :p

Hey All,

I'm in Spain now and tired as hell. Traveling to the south of Spain tomorrow I will post some more info when I get a little more time (next week I will have a few days).

Take care, Chris
P.S Zac, I have eyes in the back of my head on this tour.