Bored off my ass

hey im new here just wanted to say whats up and am amazed by your classical guitar playing i saw one of the videos on youtube of you play 'Rondo Alla Turca' wow was that amazing my mom saw some of your videos she said it sounded perfect like an actual orchestra band

and nevermore has to be one of my favorite bands been learning some songs like heart collector,dreaming neon black,sound of silence so on...you guys Fucking Rock \m/ Keep up the good work

so i was in rochester at the end of summer dropping off my sister at college, and of course we had to stop at the house of guitars, and ive been looking for a 7 string for a while, and i was gonna get a hellraiser unless i came across one i fell in love with, and i just happened to come across this very nice 7 string blue ibanez.....so i got it, and it wasnt til about a week later i was watching this godless endeavor at wacken and i realized what guitar i had purchased...

its a very very nice guitar, gonna get the pickups replaced eventually though

few questions

how much did you practice as a teen?
i saw you listed as one of the faculty at GIT on wikipedia, if thats right, what do you do?
are there any tabs or copies of sheet music for that jazz thing you wrote?
and when the hell are you gonna drag nevermore to milwaukee?!

(ps. youre my hero)
Thanks Man,

That guitar should treat you very well!!! I practiced up to 14hours a day (5on the Classical, 5 on the Electric, 2 on the Violin, And 2 on the Piano) but I wasn't able to maintain that (only during summers). I had to get up a 5 in the morning to start, my family would get PISSED!!!!

As far as MI I actually applied there 6months before they gave me the gig (there are a ton of killer players there, and it's not just the teachers).

Chris.

hey Chris, bored here as well im gonna hit the bottle. :D

amazing player man, your classical technique is amazing. though when i met you in colorado springs, i with i got to talk to you about that stuff but never got around to it.

i have a question though, since you are touring around with Nevermore, how do you like Jeff Loomis as a guitar player?

hey Chris, bored here as well im gonna hit the bottle. :D

amazing player man, your classical technique is amazing. though when i met you in colorado springs, i with i got to talk to you about that stuff but never got around to it.

i have a question though, since you are touring around with Nevermore, how do you like Jeff Loomis as a guitar player?

He is definitly one of my favorites!!!! great technique and has a musical sound all his own.

Chris.

Thanks Man,

That guitar should treat you very well!!! I practiced up to 14hours a day (5on the Classical, 5 on the Electric, 2 on the Violin, And 2 on the Piano) but I wasn't able to maintain that (only during summers). I had to get up a 5 in the morning to start, my family would get PISSED!!!!

As far as MI I actually applied there 6months before they gave me the gig (there are a ton of killer players there, and it's not just the teachers).

Chris.

Whoa, 14 hours, thats a lot of dedication. :worship: Do you still practice the violin and piano?

also, are you still using the thumb pick? how is it? :Spin:

Whoa, 14 hours, thats a lot of dedication. :worship: Do you still practice the violin and piano?

also, are you still using the thumb pick? how is it? :Spin:

No, not enough time for the piano and violin any more (sucks) but the thumb pick is in full force and I am starting to use it for it's intended purpose (mixing techniques).

Chris.

Talking about picks, I notice that I hold the pick at a slight angle when playing palm muted/heavy stuff, is that a bad habit to get into?

Tom

Talking about picks, I notice that I hold the pick at a slight angle when playing palm muted/heavy stuff, is that a bad habit to get into?

Tom
No,

you could right a 20 page paper on the physics behind picking but it comes down to a compromise between the mechanics of you arm (easiest way to pick) and most efficient picking. do a search on this forum, there are some posts about different muscle groups you can use.

Chris.

hey chris.
i have a quick question for you about picking.
when playing the fast part in sentient 6 (after the termination imminent, spin the hammer to eradicate....) do you use downstrokes only or alt pick it?

I'm impressed that you practiced for so many hours on so many different instruments! I learn electric guitar and classical guitar and I was learning piano but stopped cos I was doing my final year at school and I didn't have time... Now I'm gonna be doing classical guitar at uni, and it's hard to find time to practice as much as I would like to on both classical and electric... Do you think it's better having one teacher teaching both or separate teachers??? I think separate, because electric and classical guitar are basically 2 different instruments IMO...