Bored off my ass

MetalSteph said:
Hey Chris - if you're bored, why don't you tell us a lil more of what's going on day to day.

Here, I'll make it e-simple for ya.

1. What city are you in today?
2. What did you eat today?
3. Did you practice guitar? Alone? Or does Loomis practice with you.
4. Does Loomis even practice while on tour?
5. Did you go site seeing?
6. Any good groupie stories yet?
7. Who was the last band member you saw naked and why?
8. Anyone puke on tour yet?
9. Are there any Nevermore songs that they're not doing live that you'd like to play?
10. The debate on who's a better guitarist will never end, but between you and loomis who's a better back up singer?
11. How do you work out on tour?
12. Anyone else in Nevermore work out?
13. Describe where you're sitting right now. Internet cafe? Hotel?
14. Beside me who's the most annoying board member?....Oh wait, that's gotta be Zac or MEtalgtr, nevermind.
15. How cool is it to be in Guitar World. What other magazines would you wanna be in?
16. Ever do any tv shows?
17. Ever get stage fright?
18. Can you post some pictures?
19. What are you listening to now?
20. Which country are you looking forward to playing at?

---more to come
Answers to the questionair:

1. What city are you in today? Back at Dortmund came from Jarez Spain.
2. What did you eat today? As usual the free breakfast at the hotel we are at (not bad)
3. Did you practice guitar? Alone? Or does Loomis practice with you. Mostly alone, but Loomis and I will be getting together for new songs to learn.
4. Does Loomis even practice while on tour? Of course.
5. Did you go site seeing? A little in Jarez. It’s very cool there and I definitely want to come back to the southern coast of Spain for a vacation.
6. Any good groupie stories yet? Tons of groupie stories but those will be released on another DVD. Ahahaha
7. Who was the last band member you saw naked and why? Yuck!!!!! You would want to hear something like that wouldn't you?
8. Anyone puke on tour yet? Of course
9. Are there any Nevermore songs that they're not doing live that you'd like to play? I always liked playing four walls.
10. The debate on who's a better guitarist will never end, but between you and Loomis who's a better back up singer? Loomis has a good set of pipes
11. How do you work out on tour? I run stairs, and work out the different muscle groups with Therabands, and they work really well if you know how to use them.
12. Anyone else in Nevermore work out? Van will hit it with me occasionally
13. Describe where you're sitting right now. Internet cafe? Hotel? Internet cafe. Which is very cool because in Dortmund there is no free internet and it’s expensive? This is the first cafe offering free service that anyone around here knows of.
14. Beside me who's the most annoying board member?....Oh wait, that's gotta be Zac or MEtalgtr, nevermind. Well which board member has a pic of me with a shrunken head? Zac is a close second with the Brodsteen.
15. How cool is it to be in Guitar World. What other magazines would you wanna be in? It's an honor of course. I think the more mags the merrier because it translates to exposer
16. Ever do any tv shows? No but want to.
17. Ever get stage fright? More then anyone who has seen me can imagine.
18. Can you post some pictures? I don't have any yet just video
19. What are you listening to now? the voices in my head.
20. Which country are you looking forward to playing at? I have never been to Australia, so I am definitely looking forward to that.

Darin J Moore said:
Sounds like the "calm before the storm" though. I definitely look forward in seeing the coming reviews/press for the upcoming shows as well as the eventual Nevermore DVD footage!

Since your bored...... something I've been wanting to get your thoughts on - and thought this may actually be a good one as it would pertain to your Ibanez endorsement: I've recently picked up a couple of Ibanez MIJ RG7421 Fixed bridge guitars - both are black and I've been really lucky in finding a couple in good shape with nice straight necks and I'm really falling in love with their necks. I'm wanting to pick up one more. I'd like to get one in another color besides black - with their limited color options and trying to take the chance and get lucky on finding another, I've noticed in your recent videos, you're playing the Prestige RG1527 ( color blue, which I would love to have ). Although several stores in our area carries Ibanez ( including Guitar Center ), none have one on the shelf ( of course they can order one ), so I can not try one before ordering. The newer RG7321 have a thicker necker profile than the older ones which I do not like ( not to mention Korean or Indonesian made ). I was wondering your thoughts:
1. My understanding is that the prestige necks are thin comparable to the earlier MIJ models?
2. I use to have Floyd style trems years ago, but got away from them as they were so much harder to keep up. Thoughts on the 1527's trem?
3. Any experience w/ blocking or any of the trem converters out there for the return to stable position allowing for dive-bombs, but no sharped notes ( even though by looking at the Loomis/Broderick duel looks like you were raising for that sitar effect ).
4. Action of trem to raduius/slope of fretboard?

Since you were bored........ Thanks!

Hey Darin,
I hope all is well.
1. My understanding is that the prestige necks are thin comparable to the earlier MIJ models? I havn't really noticed that big of a difference between all of my Ibanez neck thikness. The real chenge is in te quality of wood, the prestige is much more stiff.
2. I use to have Floyd style trems years ago, but got away from them as they were so much harder to keep up. Thoughts on the 1527's trem? I love it because they don't requirer you to cut the ball end off the string and if set up right stay in excelent tune.
3. Any experience w/ blocking or any of the trem converters out there for the return to stable position allowing for dive-bombs, but no sharped notes ( even though by looking at the Loomis/Broderick duel looks like you were raising for that sitar effect ). Yes and I have done it for many students, but I am fortinate enough to have guitar with and without trems, so I would use the non-trem when I don't want the hastle.
4. Action of trem to raduius/slope of fretboard? Ibanez has a decent amout of radius which I like but I think I could get used to almost anything.

staying at the guitar topic, chris, u definately should check out a guitar company from poland: www.mayones.com
these instruments are handmade, and they look way to cool!!!! and they are real custom guitars!!!
i will be buying the "regius elements" version of Pain of Salvation´s daniel gildenlöw (check them out, also, if you are into progressive, innovative music!)
it´s a great 7 string, with neck trough, piezo (with coils splitting) a pre installed A- tuner, etc.
i am waiting eagerly to get my hands on this guitar!!!

on the other hand, good luck for the upcoming shows, see u on stage of the W:O:A!!!!
u gonna rrrrrrrrock!!!

nicco

moin moin,

i´m new here and just wanted to say that i´m really impressed by the interaction between fans and our all time guitar hero chris.
good to see (or to read) that the "fan-relation" is not just an empty word...

chris, your passion is my inspiration

Kohlrabihaus said:
staying at the guitar topic, chris, u definately should check out a guitar company from poland: www.mayones.com
these instruments are handmade, and they look way to cool!!!! and they are real custom guitars!!!
i will be buying the "regius elements" version of Pain of Salvation´s daniel gildenlöw (check them out, also, if you are into progressive, innovative music!)
it´s a great 7 string, with neck trough, piezo (with coils splitting) a pre installed A- tuner, etc.
i am waiting eagerly to get my hands on this guitar!!!

on the other hand, good luck for the upcoming shows, see u on stage of the W:O:A!!!!
u gonna rrrrrrrrock!!!

nicco

Definitly nice guitars, I will check them out and play one when I get a chance.
Let me know what you think of yours when you get it, and thanks for the wishes on the upcoming shows.
Chris.

causeddevil said:
moin moin,

i´m new here and just wanted to say that i´m really impressed by the interaction between fans and our all time guitar hero chris.
good to see (or to read) that the "fan-relation" is not just an empty word...

chris, your passion is my inspiration

Thanks Causeddevil,

welcome to the forum.
Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
Answers to the questionair:

7. Who was the last band member you saw naked and why? Yuck!!!!! You would want to hear something like that wouldn't you?

9. Are there any Nevermore songs that they're not doing live that you'd like to play? I always liked playing four walls.

14. Beside me who's the most annoying board member?....Oh wait, that's gotta be Zac or MEtalgtr, nevermind. Well which board member has a pic of me with a shrunken head? Zac is a close second with the Brodsteen.

Answers to your answers:

Duh - what's better than seeing a naked man? Details, i need details. At least inchese or sumthin.

I couldn't agree more. That is one of my all-time faves.

Now you made me cry. Zac said you were getting raped in the asshole by germans and by your band and I'm meaner just for shrinkin' your head?

Details again. Are they telling you to kill metalsteph?

Have fun at Wacken. I'm so jealous i can't go!

Conquer All said:
Hey Chris,

I have been playing guitar for five years. I finally wrote a song that has a really good solo. I posted up on youtube part of the solo that I created. It's a tad sloppy, but I was just wondernig if you had any 'constructive crit' or comments about it. Thanks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNS0QDzwI6M

Ryan

Gimme the $10 bucks you owe me and i'll tell ya what i think. :lol:

Hey chris,

hope your having an awesome time in europe with Nevermore! You must be really excited for Wacken next week...have you ever played in front of such a huge crowd before!? i should imagine it to be something else!

I was wondering, are there any bands playing at the festival in particular that you want to watch? I'm very jealous you get to share the stage with Atheist and Wintersun, two amazing bands who i would love to see live! Hope the rest of the European dates go well, looking foward to the new panzer live album that was recently announced!

pete

Conquer All said:
Hey Chris,

I have been playing guitar for five years. I finally wrote a song that has a really good solo. I posted up on youtube part of the solo that I created. It's a tad sloppy, but I was just wondernig if you had any 'constructive crit' or comments about it. Thanks!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNS0QDzwI6M

Ryan
Hey Ryan,

sounds pretty good but the one thing I tell everyone when working on sweeps is to make sure you can bring out each note in it's correct rythmic timing. This means that you don't want to play a sweep like it's one large idea but as a series of clear notes in time. I would like to hear it in context with the rhythm behind it.

Keep shredding Chris.

Creator_Failure said:
Hey chris,

hope your having an awesome time in europe with Nevermore! You must be really excited for Wacken next week...have you ever played in front of such a huge crowd before!? i should imagine it to be something else!

I was wondering, are there any bands playing at the festival in particular that you want to watch? I'm very jealous you get to share the stage with Atheist and Wintersun, two amazing bands who i would love to see live! Hope the rest of the European dates go well, looking foward to the new panzer live album that was recently announced!

pete
Hey Pete,

I have played Wacken two times before, but it never gets old. I don't know who I will get to see because we play on Friday and leave on Saturday and I don't know the schedule yet.

Take care, Chris.

Chris_Broderick said:
and I don't know the schedule yet.

well you can always count on me concerning a running order :heh:
if it helps ;)

Friday, 04.08.06

Black Stage

11:00-11:45 MYSTIC CIRCLE
12:55-13:40 LEGION OT DAM.
15:00-16:00 SIX FEET UNDER
17:30-18:30 OPETH
20:00-21:15 CARNIVORE
23:00-00:15 CELTIC FROST
02:00-03:00 AMON AMARTH

True Metal Stage

12:00-12:45 WINTERSUN
13:50-14:50 DANKO JONES
16:15-17:15 NEVERMORE
18:45-19:45 IN EXTREMO
21:30-22:45 COB
00:30-01:45 MINISTRY

Party Stage

11:00-11:45 END OF GREEN
12:55-13:40 BORN FROM PAIN
15:00-16:00 EKTOMORF
17:30-18:30 SOILWORK
20:00-21:15 KORPIKLAANI
23:00-00:15 DESPAIRS RAY
02:00-03:00 PRIMAL FEAR

You can find the saturday running order here:
http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2006/main-bands/running-order-2006/saturday-20060805/

maybe we are lucky enough to be able to listen to the nevermore show tomorrow over the wacken web radio , i don't know yet if they will broadcast the show or not , though
currently the scorpions are on air...

http://www.woaradio.de

have fun !! :headbang:

Chris_Broderick said:
Hey Ryan,

sounds pretty good but the one thing I tell everyone when working on sweeps is to make sure you can bring out each note in it's correct rythmic timing. This means that you don't want to play a sweep like it's one large idea but as a series of clear notes in time. I would like to hear it in context with the rhythm behind it.

Keep shredding Chris.
Thank you for watching it Chris! In that case, I'll record it again, but I'll do the entire solo. Thanks again man!

Ryan

Greetings Chris.

Just wanted to know if you're playing at the Helsinki gig on September 8th?

--edit
Never mind. Just noticed one of your your earlier posts on another thread where you kind of confirmed it.

Tervetuloa.

Chris_Broderick said:
Definitly nice guitars, I will check them out and play one when I get a chance.
Let me know what you think of yours when you get it, and thanks for the wishes on the upcoming shows.
Chris.

you´re welcome!
the version i get, will be available in december

d_vert_regius_earth-7_PRE_POS06E7-1.jpg

may i shoot u an e-mail, then?
greetingzz

Hey Chris, long time ago. Don't know if you remember me, I did send you some midi's of me about 2 years ago I think? Well, anyway... Nevermore is coming over here in Belgium on 22th of September(or something like that) and I was wondering if u still play with Nevermore then.
Cheers.

I just ordered the Ibanez 1527 RB. I have always had black so the color change should be interesting. I don't have much reservations about the neck or playing action as I feel it will be comparable to my other Ibanez guitars. Like Chris said, if there is any minor differences, I'll get used to them but the Ibanez prestige should be nicer than my exiting guitars. The 7-string I have now has a floating tremelo and we all know about that so, I am looking forward to getting this in.

Calippo Tecks said:
Hey Chris, long time ago. Don't know if you remember me, I did send you some midi's of me about 2 years ago I think? Well, anyway... Nevermore is coming over here in Belgium on 22th of September(or something like that) and I was wondering if u still play with Nevermore then.
Cheers.
Hey Calippo Tecks,

I will be, so I hope to see you there.

Chris.