Bored off my ass

Molecular Diffusion said:
I just ordered the Ibanez 1527 RB. I have always had black so the color change should be interesting. I don't have much reservations about the neck or playing action as I feel it will be comparable to my other Ibanez guitars. Like Chris said, if there is any minor differences, I'll get used to them but the Ibanez prestige should be nicer than my exiting guitars. The 7-string I have now has a floating tremelo and we all know about that so, I am looking forward to getting this in.

Cool,

Let me know how you like it.
Chris.

I'll be anxious to hear your review and how you like the RG1527 as well, Molecular Diffusion. I just purchased an Ibanez Prestige HRG71 BTB, a limited production model by Ibanez made exclusively for Ikebe Music in Japan. This guitar is no longer available and is a RARE 7 string in the vary rare Burnt Transparent Blue finish ( a few Satrianis were done in this finish and made it to the US. Never a 7 string!). I should be receiving it later this week and with it's fixed bridge - should be right up my alley! I'll post a pic later after I receive it!

Can't wait for the Live NEVERMORE DVD Chris - would have loved to been in Seattle. I bet it was crazy!

Hi Everyone!

Well, I got my Ibanez 1527 RB in yesterday! RB is a cool color. It looks black until the right light hits it and then you see the blue with speckles. Awesome! Now on to how it plays. The guitar plays incredibly well. I love the neck, not too thin, not too thick, just perfect. The string action is also perfect. The strings are not as close to the neck as some other guitars but still pretty close. You can lower the strings a tad via the bridge but they are raised just enough to where your fingers can attack and grab them better. My other Ibanez with the wizard 2 neck has unblieveable action but can sometimes be tricky to grab that quick bend when you need it. Having the strings positioned where they are on the 1527 also gives more note separation/clarity and does not buzz/vibrate against the metal fret bars.

The pickups are little more harmonic than my other guitars but all that said they were muddy are correct. The pickups are indeed muddy, especially on the clean channel. When distorted, each note is note very clear on the lower register when wanting to do some progressive work. A pickup change out is in my near future.

Overall, it is the best guitar I've had yet and have played. I have played alot. When I walked into the huge guitar store, the only guitar that came close for me to play on to pass some time was the Ibanez Jem and I don't think that guitar is worth over $2000 personally at all! I'd much rather have my 1527! Thumbs way up here!:headbang:

Hi Everyone!

Well, I got my Ibanez 1527 RB in yesterday! RB is a cool color. It looks black until the right light hits it and then you see the blue with speckles. Awesome! Now on to how it plays. The guitar plays incredibly well. I love the neck, not too thin, not too thick, just perfect. The string action is also perfect. The strings are not as close to the neck as some other guitars but still pretty close. You can lower the strings a tad via the bridge but they are raised just enough to where your fingers can attack and grab them better. My other Ibanez with the wizard 2 neck has unblieveable action but can sometimes be tricky to grab that quick bend when you need it. Having the strings positioned where they are on the 1527 also gives more note separation/clarity and does not buzz/vibrate against the metal fret bars.

The pickups are little more harmonic than my other guitars but all that said they were muddy are correct. The pickups are indeed muddy, especially on the clean channel. When distorted, each note is note very clear on the lower register when wanting to do some progressive work. A pickup change out is in my near future.

Overall, it is the best guitar I've had yet and have played. I have played alot. When I walked into the huge guitar store, the only guitar that came close for me to play on to pass some time was the Ibanez Jem and I don't think that guitar is worth over $2000 personally at all! I'd much rather have my 1527! Thumbs way up here!:headbang:
Nice!!!!

I think you will be very happy with it for years to come. Let me know what pickups you go with and how they sound when you put them in.
Chris.

Awesome! I'm definately going to check you out then, first I was afraid I couldn't because we have 2 concerts but it's the day after Nevermore plays so it isn't a problem! By the way, I just saw Nevermore plays with LORD on 4 november. My band played with Dungeon (now LORD) here in Belgium! But I wasn't in the band yet, then... I'm the keyboardplayer of The Guardian ( www.theguardian.be ) and there is a chance that we'll be playing with LORD in the future in Australia. It's awesome to see that LORD will be playing with Nevermore! :headbang:

I still haven't changed my pickups yet. I am having fun with that dirty, raunchy, harmonically rich sound I am getting from the distortion. I definately have to play clean as ever in the lower range though to combat the muddyness, but it seems to be fine. I will most likely change them out soon but I am have a blast at the moment!

I'm most of the time not really bored, I always can play guitar, keys, drums but after some hours you get quite crazy and you just NEED to do something else.... and I dunno what.... how many times I see myself doing nothing is just fucked up, I just fuck arround the internet like I'm doing now, being lazy like hell... trying to find interesting licks, movies, whatever... and THAT sucks :cry:

I still haven't changed my pickups yet. I am having fun with that dirty, raunchy, harmonically rich sound I am getting from the distortion. I definately have to play clean as ever in the lower range though to combat the muddyness, but it seems to be fine. I will most likely change them out soon but I am have a blast at the moment!

I've the same guitar, it's been fine recording and playing the death metal stuff I tinker with. I do want a clearer sound in the future though so I'll have to look into that change soon.

I eventually will as well. As I mentioned, playing extreme stocatto in the lowers rage with clear and evident note separation will work with distortion but when the clean channel is on, nothing in the world will help that mud.

Oh okay, that would be why I didn't notice the muddiness right off. I'm playing a Prog band current, but we've been sticking to the heavier side of things as of now. I've looked into changing the pick ups though anyway to get a more suitible tune as it is though. No rush though :)

Hi, Chris...i hope you're having fun with NM on EuTour..just wanted to say an awesome gig back there on Tolmin Metal Camp...my first time seeing NM but not the last one!
Now you're on tour with NM, but what's goin' on with Jag Panzer?Or it has been put on waiting list?

Hi, Chris...i hope you're having fun with NM on EuTour..just wanted to say an awesome gig back there on Tolmin Metal Camp...my first time seeing NM but not the last one!
Now you're on tour with NM, but what's goin' on with Jag Panzer?Or it has been put on waiting list?

Hey Lodbrokk,

Jag is getting ready to record a live CD/DVD in Montreal in March so we are still up to no good.

Chris.

so i was in rochester at the end of summer dropping off my sister at college, and of course we had to stop at the house of guitars, and ive been looking for a 7 string for a while, and i was gonna get a hellraiser unless i came across one i fell in love with, and i just happened to come across this very nice 7 string blue ibanez.....so i got it, and it wasnt til about a week later i was watching this godless endeavor at wacken and i realized what guitar i had purchased...

its a very very nice guitar, gonna get the pickups replaced eventually though

few questions

how much did you practice as a teen?
i saw you listed as one of the faculty at GIT on wikipedia, if thats right, what do you do?
are there any tabs or copies of sheet music for that jazz thing you wrote?
and when the hell are you gonna drag nevermore to milwaukee?!

(ps. youre my hero)

That's new to me as well. Congrats Chris. I hope they included you after consulting you first. ;) Anyway, hope you're having fun dude!