[Boredom Thread] Songs that shape lives

god damn nad said:
alice in chains - would?
the perfect ending to a perfect album. there is no closing song that has ever been THIS fitting. the structure of the happy riff at the end, the closure with a question mark, the chaos leading up to it... fuck. by itself, it's amazing. at the end of the album, it transcends to a whole new existence.

omg yettttth:oops:

*is going to start talking about kiss now. be warned.*

kiss- "i will be there"--this is off of the carnival of souls album, the last no makeup album they did with bruce kulick and eric singer right before the original kiss got back together. the song is acoustic, and has got this rotten old sounding piano as kind of the fluttery heartbeat throughout the song; its very haunting. and then this acoustic solo that makes me pee myself. and i love how paul's vocals start off (and stay) serious as shit in this song, not all "wooowahwoowahhwoooooooooyeah."

i can't get a yousendit of it yet. not that anyone would listen anyway:dopey:

i know thats only 1. well, 2 if you count "would?" I GOTTA PEEEEEEE

JayKeeley said:
Empyrium - Waldpoesie and/or Mourners.....pretty self-evident. That string section in Waldpoesie deserves an entire dissertation all unto itself. Talk about perfect use of crescendo and diminuendo.

Radiohead - Paranoid motherfucking Android....holy cow. Seriously, how can a human being write something like this. "That's it sir, you're leaving, the crackle of pigskin" etc etc etc....*goosebumps*. I'll throw in the last verse of "Let Down" as well, as a close second.

yep

Dev said:
OK SORRY 2 SONGS BY THE SAME FUCKING BAND , I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE TO THE THREAD STARTER :D

Sigur Rós - Viðrar Vel Til Loftárása
One of the most fragile songs I've ever heard . Melancholy and serene .The short slow-mo crescendo at the end could move mountains (hoho) in 20 seconds . I've nothing to add really . Except that the long pause they make at 5.46 at live shows gives you the impression that the world stopped turning. Goosebumps generator . Where the fuck do songs like that come from ?

http://www.hi.is/~bjornbjo/sigur_ros-vidrar_vel.mp3

Sigur Rós - #8 [The Pop Song]
No lyrics , no real title . They call themselves "interactive music" and this particular song sums up everything . The end of this masterpiece could be seen as the end of a life , a deliverance etc.. . Strangely enough , it's #7 which is entitled "The Death Song" . Up to now #8 is the only song that made me cry live , gathering all my disillusions and frustrations of the moment , enjoyed best without earplugs in transcendental headbanging at 369° (kind of..) ; at the same time you feel 98% of the water inside your body or other liquid has vanished , you're like petrified ...Don't tell me you're not moved , you'd be gayer than the singer himself !

http://download.sigur-ros.co.uk/sigur_ros_untitled8.mp3

A third to come but I can't choose :confused:

:worship:

Pink Floyd - Shine On You Crazy Diamond Pts. 1-9

...not to mention so many other Floyd songs. The way Gilmour can speak with his guitar is TOTALLY UNMATCHED by anyone. His guitar playing/compositions twist and turn my insides, not to mention my utter being.

<<Birth pains of Astral projection: Maudlin of the well - This song is what made them so great. So many emotions fit in one song, and it works! The guitars, the vocals (especially the last 5 minutes pure musical bliss! This is exactly why i listen to music) The solo's, the lyrics (which read like a fairy tale of some sort...'i've never been washed ashore' ... flows so well) Perfect perfect.....ahhhhh>>

Totally agreed on Birth Pains being a perfect composition, that song and Gleam Of Ranks (love how that one and Heaven And Weak both build to a furious climax in an unexpected yet completely natural way) instantly converted me into a drooling fanboy.