Extremely Long Fucking songs thread

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Tonight I've listened to Edge of Sanity's Crimson (40 minutes) and right now Jethro Tull - Thick as a Brick (2 parts, approx. 22 minutes each) is on. I won 1 and possibly 2 more Edge of Sanity converts tonight, the one dude kept headbanging and saying "these dudes fucking rock" as I airdrummed to Crimson.

List more long as fuck songs and impact/ramblings/boobies/etc.

Off the top of my head

Green Carnation - LoD, DoD (duh, everyone knows this one) (60 mins)
Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra - The Keys to the Gates... (74 mins, although its split on themes)
Munruthel - Oriana's tales (two parts about 30-35 mins ea. originally sides Day and Night on a cassette)
Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons... (24 mins, their best work before they immediately started sucking after that release)
Fantomas - Delirum Cordia (technically 74 mins but really something like 55, and its split up on themes)

NicodemiX said:
Fantomas - Delirum Cordia (technically 74 mins but really something like 55, and its split up on themes)
Aye, great fucking album. In the coming years I'll probably look back on it the most of the 2004 releases, except maybe Drudkh when the autumn leaves fall.

Tool - Lateralus. Only about 9 minutes long, but quite possibly their most accomplished moment (though not my favorite song by them), it builds and builds and goes loud, then quiet, then back again and... fuckin' A, I need to put this one right now. 987 987 987 987 987 987 987 987 987 987 987 987 (Tool fans will understand this reference). MY FUCKING GOD BEST BAND EVAR.

Symphony X's "The Odyssey" is 24 minutes, and absolutely superb.

One of my favorite long songs of all-time has got to be Queensryche's "Suit Sister Mary", which I believe is in the 10 minute range.

Zod

Yeah, Graveland - thats true. All of Immortal Pride, essentially. I've been very very very involved in older Enslaved these days, and their old stuff is epic and long. Every song on Vikingligr Veldi is over ten minutes except for Heimdallr

Sunn O))), I think Decay2 tops out around 25 minutes and unlike most of their other stuff, cutting about 5 or 6 minutes out of the middle is NOT necessary.

This has nothing to do with long songs, but I just realized that "Soul Sphere" by Borknagar is a supremely fantastic song. If you want it, hit me up on AIM.

I have no AIM, but I'm probably going to install it soon for boredom cures. If I remember my password, I'm ares327.

weakling - dead as dreams
human antithesis? no, it's too short, can't get enough of it

Erik said:
Skepticism "Aes" at 27 minutes is the WINNER

yes, very good indeed

About half of Opeth's songs, but I'll go w/ Deliverance and The Moor
Janes Addiction - Three Days
Meshuggah - I
Iron Maiden - Rime of the Ancient Mariner

matt99_crew said:
About half of Opeth's songs, but I'll go w/ Deliverance and The Moor

for opeth i'd say 'under the weeping moon' and 'nectar', though both are not 'extremely long' . i've seen many opeth bashes on web in the past two years. well, i love them