The Children of Boredom Thread

Yep that's what I said lol....but unfortunately I can't tell you when I'll be ready to record them because of logistic issues so...if you guys just can't wait to start recording well do it with a drum machine OR (I would prefer that next option) you record with a click and then I'll play over all of you with the click and we'll just take it off after what do you think ?

I'm ok with the second option, but also I think there's actually no rush to get it done, so I think that we could wait a bit, but then again Tim's the one in charge, so don't take me too seriously.

i have fruity loops or fl studio and you can import midis and i have imported them and used slayer2(which is guitars) and i have ezdrummer with drumkit from hell and with the imported midis you can make the the song again using instument within flstudio and ezdrummer works perfectly

^and sounds shit;)

Edit:
I can do guitars for some songs if anyone wants, but if we're not having the song in the background, who's gonna do drums? If someone sends you a drum video, the audio will be bad, and then once you've added the audio from another 3 videos, it'll all sound terrible. I don't use the cam mic to record the audio, so it's ok because it's the raw sound from the effects processor but others might not be able to do it this way...

A few sm57's should do the job when recording drums, but I don't think there are any drummers on the board(?)

Yes, but how many bedroom drummers own a few SM57's and a mixing board...

Even most guitarists don't own that, we just get some nice guitars, a few big amps and rely on our cameras and effects pedals to give us our recording sounds.

Seems like this idea has kinda gone to shit, but I think we should use programmed drums, made by lowberg/marfal/ben johnson, and have a different person do guitar 1, guitar 2, bass, keyboards, solos etc.

Yes, but how many bedroom drummers own a few SM57's and a mixing board...

Even most guitarists don't own that, we just get some nice guitars, a few big amps and rely on our cameras and effects pedals to give us our recording sounds.

Seems like this idea has kinda gone to shit, but I think we should use programmed drums, made by lowberg/marfal/ben johnson, and have a different person do guitar 1, guitar 2, bass, keyboards, solos etc.

I wouldn't mind making drum tracks, they're made quickly.

ezdrummer sounds good,doesnt sound like shit

I got ezdrummer and the expansion drumkitfromhell, if I had actually bought it, I would seriously feel ripped off. Everything sounds like plastic, but that's my opinion. A fact is that you can't really tweak a lot with the sound..

I got ezdrummer and the expansion drumkitfromhell, if I had actually bought it, I would seriously feel ripped off. Everything sounds like plastic, but that's my opinion. A fact is that you can't really tweak a lot with the sound..

Then you are definetly not doing it rite. My friend did some work with EZ Drummer and he got it to the point you could already start doubting that it's programmed. I always get great drumsound aswell! Just play around with mixer and for fucks sake change out the parts in the drumset to your liking. The stock kinda sucks.

Then you are definetly not doing it rite. My friend did some work with EZ Drummer and he got it to the point you could already start doubting that it's programmed. I always get great drumsound aswell! Just play around with mixer and for fucks sake change out the parts in the drumset to your liking. The stock kinda sucks.

I open the mixer and I see some volume controls and some panners, I don't see how that could improve sound that much?. Upload sample?

I can do really good Alexi vocal impressions (according to my friends and listeners), but unfortunately I dont have a mic
So unless I can find one, I probably wont be able to help
Cool idea though

Heres my covers on youtube

There crappy recordings,but just a sample
I'm going to use audacity to remove vocals,from some songs and record using reaper,i just have to wait for my parents to leave lol

Last edited by a moderator: