Borknagar Keyboard Notes

Originally posted by Tyr
I don't believe any keyboard notes has been transcribed and I seriously doubt Lars has the time for that now, but we're working on the bass and guitar notes (no eta on those atm though).

Tyr

Gitar and bass tabs.
Great, then I won't have to fin it out myself any more :)

I have to play guitar some more hours today to, so i better get logget off.

Just for the record, i am TRYING to tab The Genuine Pulse on the keyboard, but it is going slowly because it is hard to do and i am very lazy.....it will take a while longer but i will try to be accurate.;)

I guess he has ear, but if he knew how to read music, he would be even more skillful, I think. I guess Mustis from DB knows how to read music and it can be heard from what he is doing with his instrument.

Greetings,

It is not necessary to read music to play keyboards or any instrument for that matter...
I've been playing synth for Australian extreme/black metal band Veil of Anguish for three years now and I can't read any music.

I want to start taking lessons though so I can improve...

To Lars- Instead of writing the piano notes out, just write down the notes you play and make a keyboard tab similar to these at Synth Oblivion- Metal Synth Tabs

Originally posted by Vladimir
my uncle can play by ear and he can read notes.
hehe. I know he is much more better then the artist from Borknagar, although he does a nice work.

That could mean that being able to read music could improve one´s ability to play any instrument...;)

Yeah, hmmmm.....now that I've thought about it his work in Dreamside Domain is amazing. But The Inner Landscape is also a masterpiece.

I took lessons 7 years as a boy, and it is my opinion that all you need is a good ear, though scales and chords are helpful as reference. I think making great songs comes from an inner expressiveness defined by individual drive under embedded musical intent combined with memory of experiences, setting aside solecism to attain imagined abbereaction, and in my opinion Lars is doing great with Borknagar.:)