borknagar must tour US!

Sigh, we'd all love that, but everything I've ever read from the band members makes it look like it's not gonna happen. First off, they would need to be paid very very very well I believe, also it would be very difficult considering many of them are family men now with children to take care of. We can all pray though!

karpsmom: I don't believe they would need to be paid "very very very well".
They just need to be paid "very" well.
very very very are too many "verys" ;)

Being payed very well has never been the question! I/we have said no to several tours because it would force us to live below the limits of starvation(hence: WHO) for a month on tour and then you have the eqonomical hang over when returning home.....
Just beyond my dignity!

Øystein G. Brun: but you need to lose that "beer belly" , you have and the tour will help you on that ;)

Øystein G. Brun said:
Being payed very well has never been the question! I/we have said no to several tours because it would force us to live below the limits of starvation(hence: WHO) for a month on tour and then you have the eqonomical hang over when returning home.....
Just beyond my dignity!

I've read that German band, Einsturzende Neubauten lose approximately $100,000 each time they tour the U.S. just from costs, shipping, etc. :erk: And they headline large clubs/small theatres.

My old band is doing their own self-financed tour of the U.S. on their own. Their manager has already spent $30,000 in preparation for the tour.

Now, perhaps if that label of yours could get you on the Ozzfest for a tour or two, it might be financially feasible.

cryptos do you remember exactly what year?
i'd love to see an 'old tourdates' section on the official borknagar site..

Hell Ya! I saw that amazing tour in 99, I saw Borknagar and Lars was not there, in fact no one was on keys and Vortex was on Vocals. I actually kind of liked hearing it with no keys, the guitars were sounding good and the songs portrayed their feeling as they should just like on the albums.
Emperor started off with "Curse ye all men" and actually fucked up at the start of the song, but they played a flawless show after that. Ihsahn took like an hour just fucking with guitar pedals and chords and such.
Witcherys bassist took a big gulp of some drink, and spit it right in my face on the first song... it was sick.
Peccatum was eerie and unique they reminded me of some undead band playing metal, it was a very small crowd, and they played "Strangling within songs" it was cool.

Alteredmindeath said:
I actually kind of liked hearing it with no keys, the guitars were sounding good and the songs portrayed their feeling as they should just like on the albums.

All Borknagar albums have keys though..