borknagar must tour US!

Alteredmindeath said:
Emperor started off with "Curse ye all men" and actually fucked up at the start of the song, but they played a flawless show after that. Ihsahn took like an hour just fucking with guitar pedals and chords and such.

Was this at "The Flying Machine" in Lorain?
We had a few hickups that night, took a little while to uncover what was causing the problem, it actually was a faulty power converter that messed things up for us (we brought some gear with us that require 220V).
A fun night though :)

Erik Tiwaz said:
Was this at "The Flying Machine" in Lorain?
We had a few hickups that night, took a little while to uncover what was causing the problem, it actually was a faulty power converter that messed things up for us (we brought some gear with us that require 220V).
A fun night though :)

Yes sir! it was at the "The Flying Machine" the sign read"Emperors night of Death" the venue was strange, I almost couldn't find it but it was an amazing night indeed. Ah so thats what happened faulty power converter, cool thanks for the reply Tyr the show was legendary.:headbang:

Come to Israel this year or New Zealand next both are beautiful countries and I will sell my parents house and all their belongings so you can come ok :D

They should tour with Arcturus and/or Dimmu Borgir so Simen can come in and sing the Archaic/Quintessence material.

well as you may have guessed I prefer the Simen years and I'll never be able to hear those songs live in his voice.

Didn't Vintersorg and Simen sing a Colossus duet once? That would be cool, though I imagine it's a special kind of thing that you wouldn't want to make a regular event.

Either way... I've always wanted to see Dimmu Borgir anyways.

Oh, btw, NP: Borknagar - Colossus

colossus duet? never heard (of) it.
anyone here seen both Simen and Mr. V live?
what about Garm, did borknagar perform any gigs back in '96 and '97?

Erik Tiwaz said:
The duet was done during a show we did in Oslo in 2002.

If I ever had the chance to see that, I would die a happy man.

Erik Tiwaz said:
The duet was done during a show we did in Oslo in 2002.
There isn't a recording of that around somewhere, is there?

Zeph: That's correct, I've seen Wacken footage that was mostly pre-Vintersorg material... the quality was shit but from what I can tell he made a fine job of it. I mean, I like each Borknasingers for various reasons but all 3 are great vocalists for both epic and grim singing.