Borknagar side projects

Kveldssanger

Black Adder leads us all
Jan 24, 2002
Unseen University
Visit site
Ok, I know about Vintersorg's work with his own band and Otyg (I wonder if they are still around) and I've recently heard that the keyboard player of the band also plays in Solefald (great band) but I'd like to know if any of the other members has a side-project or plays in another band. It's always interesting to discover new aspects of an artist.

Originally posted by Russell
I think Garm had a couple of other projects going... Can't quite remember what tho ;)

Really????????? That came as a huge surprise... I must start my research :p :p :p :p
I always liked your sense of humour my friend...

If you haven't undestood (in which case I'd be terribly disappointed) I meant projects of the current members, right god?

Originally posted by Kveldssanger
Really????????? That came as a huge surprise... I must start my research :p :p :p :p
I always liked your sense of humour my friend...

You really should, especially since (by sheer coincidence) your username comes from one of his other band's albums :eek: Why thank you :)

If you haven't undestood (in which case I'd be terribly disappointed) I meant projects of the current members, right god?

Thats Russell now, infact, thats Mr Russellini to you ;)

:D No more religious debattes every time my username comes up :cool:

What makes you happy Russel...As for my username, what a coincidence, really :D :D

I've heard of Spiral Architect but I didn't know Asgeir played in them. They seem a pretty good band.

Mr. V - Vintersorg, Otyg (R.I.P.), Havayoth
Lars - Solefald, Carpathian Forest (session - Black Shining Leather)
Asgeir - Spiral Architect, Vintersorg
Tyr - Emperor (session - IX era). btw: don't mistake Tyr with a guy who formed Descrator (R.I.P.) and Det Hedenske Folk (R.I.P.)
Oysten - Molested (before '94 when he formed Borkie)

old members:
Garm - Arcturus, Ulver, quest in Zyklon "World ov Worms"
Vortex - Lamented Souls, Dimmu, quest in Arcturus "La Masquerade Infernale"
Ivar - Enslaved, quest in Gorgoroth "Incipit Satan"
Grim - Dirge, Ancient
Infernus - Gorgoroth
Erik - Gorgoroth

ok, i go eat some strawberry... if i remind somethink, i'll write later...

Originally posted by Russell

I hadn't noticed that, cool! :D

Cheers

he pleyed live with Emperor from the end '98 to last gig on Mystic Festival in Poland (october '99). great showman indeed ;)

You mean Fleurety ?
Well Fleurety play somehting between newUlver and latest Arcturus.... Their music is very original and expirimental!
Try their latest album: "Department of apocalyptic affairs"! Maniac (MayheM), Carl Michael (Ved, DHG, A.Noir, Virus), Hellhammer (various), Carl August (Winds, Arcturus) and many many others play in this album!!!! :) :)

Originally posted by Dionysos

hmmmmm add to those: Fleurety "Department...", Gehenna "Seen through..." and hmmm maybe there are more... don't recall

that's right... i forgot about SCN and Aphrodisiac too. btw: i don't know what kind of music plays these bands. Garm is also owner Jester Records
hmmm... well, Ivar formed Desekrator too. they recorded album "Metal for Demons". it's poor thrash/black

Well, the album of Gehenna (Seen...) is an extremely good melodic black metal album. Their latest works are much more brutal but still very interesting. As for Fleurety, well I can't really describe their music. The only name that comes to my mind to compare them with is Ved Buens Ende, not so much musicwise but they have similar approaches to music. They are one of the best bands of the avant garde scene of Norway. Garm sings in "Last Minute Lies" in their album "Department Of Apocalyptic Affairs" and has done the production of their ep "Last Minute Lies". He has also done the production of the last album of Aura Noir i think. Be sure to check at least Fleurety, Russell, I think you'll love them.

Originally posted by Dionysos
You mean Fleurety ?
Well Fleurety play somehting between newUlver and latest Arcturus.... Their music is very original and expirimental!
Try their latest album: "Department of apocalyptic affairs"! Maniac (MayheM), Carl Michael (Ved, DHG, A.Noir, Virus), Hellhammer (various), Carl August (Winds, Arcturus) and many many others play in this album!!!! :) :)

Ulver - yes. Arcturus? in my opinion nothing compare. but it's great orginal album. and have amazing cover artwork and booklet:p