Brewing

Brewed a lot of commercial beers lately due to interning or working extra at breweries.

Been at 4 different local breweries as well as at a malting plant.
Been working 2 weeks full time at a brewery, have 4 more weeks this summer until school starts again. Brewing some 4 days a week.

At home I've brewed a semi-dark wheat beer with US experimental hops, split batch after primary fermentation and added rhubarb to one.
A pale ale / IPA with lots of US experimental hops.
A semi-dark wheat beer with Motueka hops.
A sweet stout with an oak spiral (heavy toast) in secondary for 6 weeks.

Also did two meads, both split batches in secondary.
First on a wheat beer yeast, fermented to around 14% ABV, one split is "pure" one is with red currants.
Other stopped very very high in gravity, so haven't dared put that on bottles just yet. One split was infused with ginger, the other with red currants. IF it has stopped fermenting it will be around 10% ABV.

Bottled my smoked ale Tuesday, today I'll flavor my latest mead.

Will split in 3, one witha bit of eucalyptys oil, one with some more oil, one with loads of black currants

though in my head the eucalyptus oil was going to be a smash hit, in reality it didn't work at all.
Perhaps in a sweet mead, but in a dry mead such as mine it was pure nasty.
Only have a few bottles, will age it for years and see what happens to it.

Have a mead party at my place today.

Around 15 people will show up if everyone makes it.
Have chilled around 33 liters of mead, all about 11-14% ABV, I think we'll have enough.

Have actually managed to make it through most of my home brewed beer stash, so starting to work through the mead now...

That reminds me, I should start beer brewing season soon.

Started off todays homebrew (Imperial Stout) with Amon Amarth playing in the stereo for a few hours, but suddenly felt it (the beer) needs a bit punk mixed in as well, so now playing The Casualties upcoming album for it to get that mellow mix of Swedish death metal and NYC punk rock to mix during the lautering.