Brewing

I am one of the most beer interested, brew geeky persons I've ever met for sure!

Will meet up with the party from the pub where we're talking brewing on Thursday, if that makes sense...

So to discuss the next step

So not only a born but a natural born brewer.:D I don't believe so much, but that's something I believe.
Why shouldn't does it make sense?

So not only a born but a natural born brewer.:D I don't believe so much, but that's something I believe.
Why shouldn't does it make sense?

Mainly me butchering the English language and/or using it in an ambigious way :tickled:

Just finished brewing beer nummer 100! yay

Didn't even take me 9 years

I don't brew that often compared to others, but at least I'm finally in trippel digits!

Sure. That's why communication with animals is so easy in comparison to communication with Shakespeare for example.:dopey:

Still there remains a question regarding your brew. Why acutally you don't give your beers names instead of numbers?

Still there remains a question regarding your brew. Why acutally you don't give your beers names instead of numbers?

They get names on and off, but it's easier for me to keep the numbers in my head than the names.

Not all of them get names though, perhaps due to lack of imagination?

Like the one I brewed yesterday is "Smoked Porter", nothing witty or cool or anything, that or "Batch #100".

I'd say in that particular case Batch 100 is more awesome :D

I could just call it cancer lung, hehehe
I've stopped smoking (again) so now I'm fine, my lungs are very healthy I'm sure!

They get names on and off, but it's easier for me to keep the numbers in my head than the names.

Not all of them get names though, perhaps due to lack of imagination?

Like the one I brewed yesterday is "Smoked Porter", nothing witty or cool or anything, that or "Batch #100".

I'd say in that particular case Batch 100 is more awesome :D

I could just call it cancer lung, hehehe
I've stopped smoking (again) so now I'm fine, my lungs are very healthy I'm sure!

Well, I see... better you give em numbers only.:rolleyes:
I suggest, that next time you brew a beer with Mirin (you know, that cooking wine from rice, salt and aspergillus oryzae) as an ingredient. Or wouldn't that possibe because of the aspergillus?

no idea at all, don't even know what that is :D

Decided not to brew more beers this year, 5 beers and 3 meads this fall feels like enough.

In total since I started 100 beers and 8 meads.

The sloe mead and the rhubabr mead both taste sooo nice!

The (mainly) currants (mosty red, some black) mead is bubbling away.

The Mirin is a wine that gives your meals a special taste. The aspergillus is a microorganism, a fungus, kind of mould fungus or something like that :).

Tasting my beer #100 for the first time to celebrate the end of fever

Used plenty of special smoked malt from Gotland in it, very potent and tasty
Rick, smoked, sweet, mineral taste.
Dark reddish brown color, nice big tan head

mmm, I like

Lets see what my mates think
I know the one that HATES smoked beers won't be able to drink the full bottle for sure, hahaha

wow, I really let this thread escape, page 3, that's a bit sad

Disinfecting some stuff now
Today will rack my first porter for this season to secondary, two different vessels
small vessel = keep the beer pure, as is
bigger vessel = rack bigger part of the beer onto a bunch of black currants

Tomorrow will brew a new beer, not sure yet, but will again try the method of mash hopping, also will try first wort hopping for the first time
will likely be a single hop Motueka something, got insane amounts of Motuekahops in the freezer

Monday I brewed a Pliny the Elder clone using brew-in-a-bag in my new school that started, earlier this year in my first school brewed a beer in a bigger 40-liter pilot brewery borrowed from big Swedish brewery Spendrups

Also have had time to brew with one of my disciples to see how he's doing and twice on commercial craft brewer Poppels

Beer focused fall indeed!

The porter last night tasted divine!
Almost a shame to rack it to black currants, still did it.

Brewed my rye stout today, added a bit of clove and ginger to it as well. Hopped it rather well, might be a bitter one.

Brewing at home today, right now saccharification rest.
Will be an ale, pretty light in color, pretty distinct smoke character, a bit to the sweet side as well.
Likely I'll single hop it with NZ Motueka hops.
English dry yeast, 3rd generation.

Yesterday bottled two beers, one pure brown porter, one brown porter that had a week in secondary ontop of a bunch of black currants.
Tried mash hopping in that the first time.

Also racked a beer to secondary, my sweet(ish) rye stout with some ginger and clove in it.
Again did mash hopping, also tried First Wort Hopping for the first time in that.