Brewing

Tried a new bread this evening, wow! You should brew a beer from gold of pleasure? linseed dodder? if that's possible!

In my opinion beer is not a drink for the cold season. At least at the moment I rather would think about heating it, though of course hot beer is :puke:.

Beer is always good.

Cold outside = even better with black beer, and strong beers, mmmm Barley Wines and Imperial Stouts/Porters, mmmm!

:kickass:

Ja hahaha. Obviously unfortunately not for me.
Cold outside = mmm yeah, what you wrote, yeah, sure, actually ...mmmm... though I would say + a nice fireplace.
BUT
Cold inside? No!
Cold outside + cold inside? No! No!:erk:

Depends which ones. In Belgium we have Glühkriek which are brewed for the holiday seasons. A nice alternative drink for the cold weather. Usually served around 65° temp. Similar beers are also found in Switzerland using Alpine herbs. Close in style to Glühweine

What I absolutely don’t like is Glühwein, brrrrr!
Do you also know Jagertee from Austria, black tea + rum? That’s nice in my opinion for cold times, as well as hot mead and hot rice wine.
Don't know Glühkriek, but I googled for it and I think, at least it’s much better for me than Glühwein. In any case I will try it.
Sure, there were times I even liked normal warm beer but I guess it's over.

Brewing beer batch #99 today

A sort of brown porter base, but with added rye malt and a special chili+salt malt mix I bought off of a Czech chap.

Might brew a mead later on tonight if I have the energy for it.

By the looks and soudns of it I can bottle beer 98 and transfer beer 99 to secondary tomorrow

Latest mead is still happily bubbling away though, so will also leave the rhubarb mead in that vat and let it get some more taste etc

Will also brew beer numero 100!
Likely tomorrow.

A smoked porter is on the schedule

Change of plans, was too tired to get up this morning.

Will bottle #98 and rack #99 to secondary, will hold off on brewing #100 until Tuesday, but prepare some today such as milling malt etc.

Change of plans, was too tired to get up this morning.

Will bottle #98 and rack #99 to secondary, will hold off on brewing #100 until Tuesday, but prepare some today such as milling malt etc.

#98 - Brown Porter taste nice already going into the bottle, warm and with no co2, high hopes for that one.
Also that's the one with the leaking cooling unit, seems I've avoided infection, yay

#99 - Porter with rye + chili + salt tatse OK going to secondary, will improve with the secondary fermentation as well as getting rid of some of the yeast in it. Taste is, well, odd, but I do think it can become rather cool.

Also test chilling my #97 - English Pale Ale wit a bunch of home grown hops, review might come later tonight.

And finally chilled the whole batch of my first for the season #96 - Best Bitter, tried it a few times and it's had enough co2, now to mature a bit in 12 degrees C before ready for consumption.

The EPA has decent, though not enough, carbonation already.
Beautiful clear reddish brown color though perhaps a tad too dark for the stylecolor, nice lasting tan head.

Some buttery, phenolic, red berries in the scent that worries me slightly, hope some aging will get rid of that... Else mainly sweet smell.

Sweet, malty, fruity taste, mixed with hints of alcohol and some red berries that don't disturb much. Grainy, malty aftertaste.

Some hints of alcohol, that should give with a few weeks in the fridge though.
Rather smooth mouthfeel due to the low co2 mainly, but I also have a decent residual sugar left.

Medium, rather dy, bitterness.

Yeah, this will work :D

But I am working with a pub to start up a tiny brewery there, we'll see when we take the big step, he needs to renovate a room for it to be suitable for brewing first.

Definitely a wise plan! *thumbs up*

I mean, seems you're a born brewer.

I am one of the most beer interested, brew geeky persons I've ever met for sure!

Will meet up with the party from the pub where we're talking brewing on Thursday, if that makes sense...

So to discuss the next step