Brewing

If I ever find time to drink wine I don't drink enough beer :p

What equipment is it you're thinking of?

Just kidding. I much rather have beer. Specially in the UK, it is more reliable. I am past the Kalimotxo (red wine and coke, Spain's answer to snakebite) days) :puke:

When I said equipment I meant that... it looks like a pressure cooker, copper tubes, garden gnome and an ice bucket standing on bricks from here. But if it works as a DIY still....it works, end of story.

I am not asking what the red stuff on the glass is though. Or how the back bacon relates to the brewing and distilling process :loco:

Image013.jpg

Just kidding. I much rather have beer. Specially in the UK, it is more reliable. I am past the Kalimotxo (red wine and coke, Spain's answer to snakebite) days) :puke:

When I said equipment I meant that... it looks like a pressure cooker, copper tubes, garden gnome and an ice bucket standing on bricks from here. But if it works as a DIY still....it works, end of story.

I am not asking what the red stuff on the glass is though. Or how the back bacon relates to the brewing and distilling process :loco:

Ah, that equipment :lol:

Have no idea myself, but I'm guessing some sort of crude destilling going on to the right, with the cooling uint to the left?

But nothing I've seen done myself ;)

Sorry for threadmancing, but I wanted to thank for all the info posted in this thread, I'm going to brew some mead now that I know how :D

I think the stuff in the glass is just cider only the light has made it look red, I can't stand snakebite. Could be red wine though, nothing wrong with drinking wine outa pint glasses. >_>

I think the stuff in the glass is just cider only the light has made it look red, I can't stand snakebite. Could be red wine though, nothing wrong with drinking wine outa pint glasses. >_>

No, nothing wrong with pints of wine, as Burns said:

Go fetch me a pint'o wine,
an' fill it in a silver tassie,
that I may drink, before I go,
a service to my bonnie lassie... and so on.

Still you have not explained the meat on the table. :loco:

And Snakebite IS vile. Agreed with that.

So chilled my APA yesterday.
Got a lot of chill haze in the first bottle, though it was stored in the regular fridge and probably got too cold for my sample anyway.
Taste nice though :)

My porter will be ready withing about one week.

My smoked porter will go to bottles in about 1 hour.

Will also measure my density in my imperial porter, it seems to have fermented only for a few days, will be interesting to see how long it went.

My smoked porter will go to bottles in about 1 hour.

Will also measure my density in my imperial porter, it seems to have fermented only for a few days, will be interesting to see how long it went.

The smoked porter already taste amazing, really looking forward to trying it chilled and with co2 in about 2 weeks.

The imperial porter actually was done and ready for secondary.
It has fermented from 1103 to 1018 in less than a week, damn...
About 11.2% ABV, it's gonna be a killer.

The smoked porter already taste amazing, really looking forward to trying it chilled and with co2 in about 2 weeks.

The imperial porter actually was done and ready for secondary.
It has fermented from 1103 to 1018 in less than a week, damn...
About 11.2% ABV, it's gonna be a killer.

Goddam what gravity are you getting on an Imp. Porter ... that should put all the Baltic countries to shame.
How much cofffee /chocolate malts are you putting in there?
I didn't think an initial gravity would go well for a high Porter, standard would be around 1012-1014.
What kind of ibu are you getting on this one?

Goddam what gravity are you getting on an Imp. Porter ... that should put all the Baltic countries to shame.
How much cofffee /chocolate malts are you putting in there?
I didn't think an initial gravity would go well for a high Porter, standard would be around 1012-1014.
What kind of ibu are you getting on this one?

Don't have the recepie at work, but from some 5 kg of malt, I had about 200 to 250 grams of dark malts (black, chocolate + pale choc).

Also threw in about 500 g of wild honey, 500 g of light sirup, 150 g + 150 g of light and dark Muscovado sugar.

Calculated IBU of 57.

Guess I should have less of the honey and sirup, more malt extract, I'll take that in my calculations next time :)

Brewed a saffron mead tonight.

About 5.6 kg of wild honey added to 15 liters of water.

Skimmed of protein, boiled for about 10 minutes.

Last 5 minutes boiled with 1 gram of saffron.

Ended up with about 16 liters of 1100 Öschle, then added to a Scottish Ale yeast 4th generation.

Just now tasted my robust porter and I must say I like it!

Smoked porter will stay on bottle in room temp one more week for carbonation.

Imperial Porter will go on bottle in an hour or less.

Saffron mead still fermenting.

Wfie's cider was strained last week, might bottle it this week.

Brewed yesterday and brewed today.

Each day a 25 liter (about 6.5 US gallon) batch.

Pale ale, only using pilsner malt.
Northern Brewer for about 15 IBU.

50 g taste (10 min) and 50 g aroma (3 min) hops -
Yesterday: Julita clone 2
Today: Julita clone 12

I'm part of a hop project analyzing old beer hops that was used a few hundred years ago.

I wanted to try it out in summer but forgot about it, as i wanted it do to on the balcony.. but i forgot about it .. so .. in winter i really down want to have the balloon with the things supposed to become beer in my room ^^