Buffalo Darien Lake Last Night

Jody42147

Downtrodden
Aug 31, 2001
Rochester, NY
Ok so I'm at Six Flags during the day before the show starts, and me and my BF (Rich) (in Nevermore shirts) were waitin to get an ice cream when who walks up but Jeff Loomis looking for WD and Jim. I was like, uh, nope, haven't seen em but can I buy you an ice cream? LOL He's like uh, no thanks, but I'll catch up to ya later. (yeah right):rolleyes:

So then were getting off the mind eraser and my head felt like marbles inside when who is gettin on the ride but WD and Jim. Heh! So we waited for em after they got off and they were in a hurry (as usual it seems) to get to the superman and wait forever to get the front seat. Jim was like "do ya wanna join us?" So they were like runnin cause they were supposed to go on at 4:20 and it was 3:30 or so. We decided to walk slow cause we didn't want a front seat anyway and ended up getting on before them. (That ride is fuckin cool BTW)

So typical Gigantour fashion and no proper promotion, Nevermore played to about 50 people while tons of people are partying in the parking lot and didn't have a clue the band was going on.....they were awesome as usual and the setlist was:

Narco
Fault of the Flesh
Born
Final Product
Enemies of Reality
This Sacrament

All I can say is never again. Seeing them in a regular bar, etc. is soooooooooooooooooooooo much better than this situation, not to mention the ticket price. They were signing CD's afterwards at the FYE table, but then disappeared forever. It was raining later and the weather sucked. Life of Agony was pretty good but I missed FF cause I was waiting to talk to the guys in NM but that didn't happen. DT was DT (yawns) I was bored with it after a few songs they keyboards were taking over the sound and it drowned out the vocals. Megadeth put on a pretty good show.

People were really pissed off at this one. Ticket time said 7:30 so ALOT and I mean ALOT of people came at about 7:00 and DT was already 1/2 way through their set. There are some really pissed off people out there, and if we hadn't run into Jim and WD, we would have had no clue that they were playing at 4:20 either. It sucks.

haha nevermore at six flags! that rules.

but yeah...i was never really excited to go to this. i sard big concerts like that. seeing nevermore in such an impersonal manner isn't appealing :p

ct-thrash said:
haha nevermore at six flags! that rules.

but yeah...i was never really excited to go to this. i sard big concerts like that. seeing nevermore in such an impersonal manner isn't appealing :p

It was totally impersonal. Hated it. Definitely not like other times I have seen them.

Can't wait til the headlining tour.