Building My Box

Too late! :Smug:
I went to Home Depot and rented a spray gun ... it took all of 15 minutes to spray the room. It is a lot darker than I thought it would be. I dig it, though.
When I hang the treatment and other things in there, I think it might come out purdee kewl!
My wife thought some textured stuff would look neat - so I told her to geaux to town and do it!
You can't really see it ... but it's there

100_2263.jpg

100_2262.jpg

Holy shit that's dark!!
:kickass:
Take care

Scott

I am looking for some good input on flooring.
I am at a point where I could go a few different ways:
linoleum tile
laminate wood
outdoor style carpet
carpet tiles

I don't really have a preference right now.

I am of the impression that carpet will absorb high frequencies - which could mess with my perception of a mix.
I am also of the impression that wood flooring will mean I have to obtain more treatment for my ceiling.

I guess I am just looking for some direction, etc. I tend to trust y'alls input around here more-so than other places I geaux.
Thanks

Scott

Excellent, Sir.
Thanks for taking the time to reply, and for your input as well.
At the moment - I am leaning towards laminate wood - the tongue and groove type.
But I'm still debating. Thanks again!
Take care

Scott

Hey, Dood!
I'm going more and more in the laminate direction ... thanks for that input!
And I appreciate y'all taking the time to check out the thread and stuff.
If I'm lucky - my wife and sister will take care of the flooring for me - either tonight or tomorrow (maybe).
Will hAve pics as soon as they're done with it.
Thanks again for the reply, Sir.
Take care

Scott

Alright.
So I went ahead and purchased the least expensive Laminate Wood from Home Depot.
I decided to stick with the darker color - which (in this case) was a Brazilian Cherry.
4142cf0b-af32-4a54-a8be-09e3768007eb_300.jpg

Hope to have this put down in the next day or so ... but we'll see what happens with my "help!"
Thanks for checking out the thread.
Take care

Scott

Actually ... I'm a fuggin liar and didn't realize it until a minute ago.
My brother came by and said he would come back later this afternoon or in the morning, and lay the flooring down for me.
But I didn't realize I told y'all the wrong color:

1b89083c-9783-4489-8d1f-d6e631b4022e_300.jpg

It's actually called "Estate Cherry"
So ... it's not quite like I was thinking it was ... but it is still gonna do the trick for me!
@ abt & westandredeemed: thanks for taking the time to check out the thread, and thanks for the reply!
It means a lot to me.
I'll hopefully be back soon with some new pics.
Thanks again & take care!

Scott

Yes, Sir!
Just hoping that my brother shows up tomorrow ... he didn't come this afternoon.
But I am definitely getting ready.
I need to get back to work on this new tutorial video ... this should make things flow smoothly, once it's done!
Thanks for the reply!

Scott

I appreciate you taking the time to check out the thread, Daniel.
Very cool of you. I'm pumped to get this last part done, too!
After the floors go down, it will be time for my desk, so forth and so on.
My wife started laying down the wood floor this evening - but had to stop because we needed a saw, etc.

My shit fuck ass hole dick head cunt face brother dicked me ... again!!
:Smug:
Fuck that fuckin' fucker. Fuggin fuck.

(sorry about that ... I should act more mature)

But - thanks again for the reply, Sir.
We should be done with the floors this weekend ... and maybe even getting the desk in there, too!
Take care

Scott

I appreciate you taking the time to check out the thread, Daniel.
Very cool of you. I'm pumped to get this last part done, too!
After the floors go down, it will be time for my desk, so forth and so on.
My wife started laying down the wood floor this evening - but had to stop because we needed a saw, etc.

My shit fuck ass hole dick head cunt face brother dicked me ... again!!
:Smug:
Fuck that fuckin' fucker. Fuggin fuck.

(sorry about that ... I should act more mature)

But - thanks again for the reply, Sir.
We should be done with the floors this weekend ... and maybe even getting the desk in there, too!
Take care

Scott

Im excited to see the end product!
Its looking good.

My father and I are actually undergoing a build right now as well!
We just got the drywall, painting, and flooring done about a week ago.
I should have taken progress pictures and started a thread but I didnt think of it at the time, haha.

I will post end result pictures :headbang:

That would be awesome!
I'm like most of the good folks on here - I love threads / pics that pertain to this topic.
Take care

Scott

3 steps forward ... 2 steps backward.
Well ... the flooring is done. I am happy with it, but it wasn't what I planned on doing.
In addition to the floor that I already bought - the color of the room has changed as well.
I took a couple of quick shots just to give y'all an idea of what's going on ... and the walls aren't done being "painted" yet, either.
My best friend is going to do some "faux" painting on the walls for me.
I couldn't argue with her ... as she was the one who went ahead and put the flooring down for me ... plus, I liked her idea to be honest.

100_2268.jpg

100_2267.jpg

Once again - thanks so much for taking the time to check out the thread.
Take care!!

Scott

I was just looking at these pics I posted ... that looks nothing like that color.
Basically because of the lighting and camera, I guess ... I wanted to post what the color actually looks like:

Screenshot2010-06-06at85542PM.png

... go figure ... but it still isn't done (keep that in mind as well!)
Take care

Scott

I gotta be honest dude, it looks like the walls were painted with a bath towel :lol: Otherwise seems to be coming along nicely though! (and is that a ton of paint that got on the floor on the left in the second pic? :erk: )

haha!
I hear ya! But the "bath towel" effect has to do with the "texture" that was attempted (FWIW).
Most of the walls are going to be covered up anyway - but I'm still pumped about it!
Thanks for checking it out, Sir.
Take care

Scott