Bullshit

As a child I was brought up to believe that Santa didn't exist and that Christmas was for celebrating Jesus (I was brought up a mormon). It didn't bother me that I was 'missing out' on childhood stuff, infact I was the wanker of the school and the one to tell people he didn't exist.
I really think that in this day and age kids can handle the truth. They should be given the choice.
As for religion, I found that the more I had it shoved down my throat, the more I ended up hating it.

Wow, my parent skills are going to suck.

my dad did that for me, when i was prob 3 years old he kept saying stuff like that THERE IS NO GOD! RELIGION IS A LIE! i was like fair enough

Glen Benton of Deicide (who's satanic) says that his children can believe whatever they want but there is no christianity on his household (meaning that he doesn't want to talk about it, or possibly religion in general). That's exactly how it should be in my opinion.

Glen Benton of Deicide (who's satanic) says that his children can believe whatever they want but there is no christianity on his household (meaning that he doesn't want to talk about it, or possibly religion in general). That's exactly how it should be in my opinion.

Kinda like what I plan to do. However, if my son decides he's going a religous route, I will talk to him. I'm not going to just give him my opinion. I was raised being told there's only one way. I want him to know there's infinite ways to look at something. What he chooses, though, is up to him alone. And I'll never complain. Just mock him maybe lol.

Yeah exactly. You can't force someone to believe in something, but you sure can persuade them into thinking whatever it is makes sense. Which is wrong in my opinion.

Yeah exactly. You can't force someone to believe in something, but you sure can persuade them into thinking whatever it is makes sense. Which is wrong in my opinion.

And if I did that, I'd be doing exactly what I'm against. Gather the facts, then make a decision. Not what you're told to or what you think is "cool". And children are so easily persuaded that it's really really wrong.

EDIT: Except for school. That little bastard's going to school regardless. Lol.

Big difference in believing in God and following a religion..... I am a strong believer in God, but I consider all religions merely mans attempt to capitalize on herdlike qualities in people for gains in money and power. And that is pretty much exactly what I will tell my future kids.

I will raise my kids to have the critical thinking skills to be able to choose whether they believe in religion or not.

Me too. I just hope I don't overdo it and bore the shit out of them so that they think intelligence is uncool.

Me too. I just hope I don't overdo it and bore the shit out of them so that they think intelligence is uncool.
I hope to use my humor as a way to make unintelligent people seem stupid, thus giving my kids sort of an anti role-model.

I'm going to breed my child so that he can finish part two of my global domination plan. His name will be Xerxes Caligula.

Mathiäs;7766555 said:
I'm going to breed my child so that he can finish part two of my global domination plan. His name will be Xerxes Caligula.
That's bad luck, Xerxes was pwned by SHODAN.