Burzum - Belus (aka "Den Hvite Guden") (2010)

Judging an entire album and how much it sucks based on 30 second samples.
Sounds completely fair.

Anyways, can't fucking wait for this.

I know. They've heard roughly 4 minutes, grand total, of this 50 minute album and they're trying to say it's sucks.

Real fucking smart. Fuck ANUS.

And really, if you're going to critique something from a 30 second clip, I don't know how you can critique songwriting..

* 1. i. Lukans Renkespill (Introduksjon)0:33* 2. ii. Belus Doed6:23** 3. iii. Glemselens Elv11:54** 4. iv. Kaimadalthas Nedstigning6:43** 5. v. Sverddans2:2** 6. vi. Keilohesten5:45* 7. vii. Morgenroede8:** 8. viii. Belus' Tilbakekomst (Konklusjon)9

awesome album cover, nice long songs, BURZUM is back.

For fucks sake. This wait is excruciating. Listening to those samples over and over is like self-torture.

Does anyone know if the drumming is programmed or live? It's hard to tell with the poor quality of the Amazon samples.

EDIT: New interview with Vikernes has been posted at the official site.

Second edit: It's confirmed by Vikernes, drums are live! YESSS!!!

Andrey Kazakov (Novokuibishevsk, Russia): Any plans to visit Russia some day?

If the Tel Aviv-controlled NATO criminals ever attack Russia I will go, as a volunteer for the Russian Army

^^

These samples are sounding pretty interesting. There's definitely an older Burzum sound in there, but it seems fittingly buried. I feel like it also reminds me a bit of Emperor, somehow. His vocals sound more like Famine from Peste Noire (though I guess that's really the other way around, and it's just that Varg is older now). Parts of it remind of things like Mgła... All of this is good, I think. And obviously only an impression given by some short sample tracks. I think this is going to be great, though.

varg plays his own drums, on a cheap no name, no brand drumkit.

That's a good thing about him vs other musicians these days. I watched some Meshuggah interview where 75% of the time they were talking about what fucking strings they use, what amp is the best one and bla bla bla. People focus too much on all that shit, even among common people things seem to be more about what sound system is best and what tv-screen has the best picture, when the important thing is what you're listening to or what you're watching, you know, the ACTUAL CONTENT. That shit pisses me off.

/rant

Varg sure spouts some stupid things every now and then though; "We were healthier when we were hunters". No, professor Varg, people have actually never been healthier than today.

What can the Norwegian gov't do if he truly doesn't pay back some of his "debt"?

Also, I like what he said about playing live; sometimes, I think, music is better suited to the recorded rather than live medium.

His views on drugs are childish, he sounds like a 5 years old saying Im not dumb enough to try them. Smart people take drugs too, forest oaf. He acts like he knows everything, but the truth is Varg would probably make a better album with more emotions with the help of a few drinks. I think Varg would love weed to, but he is too brainwashed against it, and acts like it's meth brushning it off as a negro hobby.