Buying CDs in the modern age

I agree with ObscureInfinity that metalcore is absolutely rife with really shitty photoshop art. Even good metalcore. But shitty art wouldn't stop me from supporting a band.

I impulse buy all the time. It's led me to treasures such as Metallica - Master Of Puppets, Bathory - Hammerheart, In Flames - The Jester Race, Megadeth - Peace Sells, Dark Tranquility - The Gallery, and Kataklysm - In The Arms Of Devastation. It's also left me with a healthy supply of crap.

I agree with ObscureInfinity that metalcore is absolutely rife with really shitty photoshop art. Even good metalcore. But shitty art wouldn't stop me from supporting a band.

I do buy metalcore albums from time to time, they just aren't high on my priority list (and the artwork is a minor reason, I suppose).

If you love downloads and don't care for cds, that's fine by me.
I, on the other hand, like to smell my music

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Yea, obviously it shouldn't affect your opinion, but Andy is too zealous a fan of the genre and probably doesn't understand why you don't support the bands you like by buying their merchandise.
Ha, but why am I speaking for him? Nevermind.

No, I'm really just saying his argument for not supporting bands is stupid. Plus I have really seen some atrocious artwork in my time :p. OI, what are some albums you feel have really bad "Photoshopped" art?

Hey audiophile, hold on to that Therion album. I have the original artwork to Beyond Sanctorum, and the Darkness album as well. I hate when record label re-issues have to fuck with the original artwork! Yeah, sometimes the original artwork may be laughable or terrible, but leave it alone! If they want to have new artwork, give the buyer the choice! It would be a win-win situation for them, because some people will be big fans, and buy both.

That immolation cd is what I would call "semi-rare"
It usually goes for 20-30 bucks on ebay. It's not nearly as rare as the org stepping on angels.

ramses: yeah, the artwork change to all black was a stuuuuuupid decision by the label

Yep! I'm glad I really went to the mat to find the first 4 Therion albums. I have Immolations first 5. And it is pretty hard to find Dawn of Possession. I saw them back in 96', supporting Here In After, and I didn't have enough money for a $20 concert shirt. Dolan, and Vigna were so cool, they let me have it, just because...fucking cool guys!!

Have you been to the FYE at the McKinley Mall? At least it has a separate metal section.

FYE is tends to have a good assortment,the deals are nice too if you buy 3 or 4.
Its not metal but I actually found Ronnie's "Elf" a few months ago,you just never know what you'll find in the used section.

I'm in Tampa, Fl. I guess that's why there always seems to be a pretty good selection of Death Metal here. Immolation is pretty easy to find here.