Buying CDs in the modern age

No, I'm really just saying his argument for not supporting bands is stupid. Plus I have really seen some atrocious artwork in my time :p. OI, what are some albums you feel have really bad "Photoshopped" art?

Some bad ones (and for the record, I do have some of these):

Parkway Drive - Killing with a Smile
Heaven Shall Burn - Deaf to our Prayers
Maroon - When Worlds Collide
Unearth - III - In the Eyes of Fire
As Blood Runs Black - Allegiance
It Dies Today - The Caitiff Choir

Not all photoshopped but most of them have that gay computerized look (sorry I just don't like it).

hsb_deaf_jk.jpg

Awesome, you're a liar.

It just looks like some lame CGI shot from The Matrix or something.

It's a good album nonetheless (and I have a physical copy of it).

Yeah, why not buy used? I mean,the more you save as opposed to buying the same album new, the more you have left to....buy a few more cds! Most stores down here guarantee their used music, and will refund, replace or exchange it, if found defective. I look in the cut-out bins as well. Most people, for many years that work in the mainsteam franchise/chain music stores don't know shit about metal, let alone rare/hard to find cds. That's how I found the Nemesis album(now known as Candlemass)The Day of Retribution, and The original artwork(Roger Dean painting) album for Gentle Gaint's Octopuss album.

I never used to buy CDs, but when I got into metal, I started to buy the albums that's worth it, specially for the bands that I love, it's just a way to support the band that you love, I know that's not like going to make a big different either if you buy it or not but you're fan and you want to show that you support the band, and that's just a way to do it! For me that's one of the few ways to support the bands that I like because I can't make it to their concerts :loco:.

I'm sure it's been said, but there's something satisfying about holding a tangible object like a CD, tape, or vinyl in your hand, full with lyrics, artwork, and whatever else is included as opposed to just having digital versions on your computer or mp3 player. I'm not much of a portable mp3 guy anyways. I've only ever had two, one was a 128 MB Lyra that I used to run with. I lost that, and I just recently got a 1 GB iPod shuffle to use for running again. Having the actual piece of work in your hands and knowing you're supporting a band is enough for me to keep buying albums.

I'm sure it's been said, but there's something satisfying about holding a tangible object like a CD, tape, or vinyl in your hand, full with lyrics, artwork, and whatever else is included as opposed to just having digital versions on your computer or mp3 player. I'm not much of a portable mp3 guy anyways. I've only ever had two, one was a 128 MB Lyra that I used to run with. I lost that, and I just recently got a 1 GB iPod shuffle to use for running again. Having the actual piece of work in your hands and knowing you're supporting a band is enough for me to keep buying albums.
This pretty much sums up the case for buying. Even when I had a nice player (which was stolen a while ago) I bought CDs. I listen on my computer and everything, but there are few things more pleasurable than sitting down with a new CD and listening to it while looking through the liner notes and absorbing the artwork and stuff. Also, lots of fun stuff in the liner notes.

I usually buy used CD's on Amazon, they have the largest collection also you can buy cheap vinyl records
Yeah, I buy from them and from a local used CD place. I could probably get shit for cheaper if I really tried, but Amazon works for now. I may have to start finding new places to buy if I keep getting into more obscure stuff.