C Of BODOM is just what i needed....

cliffdimerandy said:
I was needing something heavy to listen to.... was kinda bored with some of the other metal out there.... i downloaded "are you dead yet" to check it out... blown away... fucking love it.... im new to this band, but hey better late than never.... there fucking awesome... damn cool alexis' 3 years older than me.... hes got some talent. anyhow! glad to be on this board!!!!!
this band fucking rocks

Hi there...Welcome! :Smokin:
Mr. Alexi Laiho and all The CoB guys are just 4 or 5 six years older than me.... yeah, it's great for me too the fact that they're so young but already so good musicians!
"Are you dead yet?" is a good album, I like it too...
But to go totally crazy, to lose your mind (and your mask of sanity too :D) my advice is to listen to all their albums: trust me.... they're all spectacular!!
I love them all.... :) (expecially "Hatebreeder", "Follow the Reaper" and "Something Wild", that are my fav)...

ps: and it's true: better late than never....

The first time I heard Alexi play I was blown away!

I went out and bought all of their CD's and HB has become my favorite.

yeah nothing compares to Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper, best albums ever made by any band.
but i've noticed that a lot of the new fans don't seem to appreciate bodom's older albums as much as they do the newer ones (aydy and hatecrew deathroll).

Mystique1721 said:
yeah nothing compares to Hatebreeder and Follow the Reaper, best albums ever made by any band.
but i've noticed that a lot of the new fans don't seem to appreciate bodom's older albums as much as they do the newer ones (aydy and hatecrew deathroll).

That's because HCDR and AYDY are more easily accessible and immediately rewarding, which is what people tend to look for in music these days. It's sad, but it's the truth. :cry:

Authentic Metalhead said:
That's because HCDR and AYDY are more easily accessible and immediately rewarding, which is what people tend to look for in music these days. It's sad, but it's the truth. :cry:
What do you mean immediately rewarding?

i think he means that those albums are more on the generic and catchy side. so people tend to fall for them easier than they accept the older albums

I recommend listening to the albums in this order:

Hatebreeder
Follow the Reaper
Something Wild
Hate Crew Deathroll
Are You Dead Yet?

Then go to Kalmah:

They Will Return
The Black Waltz
Swampsong
Swamplord

Believe me, you'll thank everyone here who has recommened Kalmah later.

Now you have downloaded an album, come to Bodom's official forum.
How about, you buy an album ?

The rest of you, grow up, just about every thread turns into a childish name callling competition.