C Of BODOM is just what i needed....

The Bringer said:
Good call. Both are equally as good though.

honestly, till this day, i can't decide which album between the two of them is better! hatebreeder is wonderfully neoclassical and ftr is just....so melodic also; but with more of a scenic touch to it w/the lyrics about the reaper...i can't decide which is my fav.

It was a huge step to take for an album. It sounded better, it was more melodic, the vocals were easier to understand and it did had more melodic death attributes then neo-classical power metal ones. But the songs on both albums are so strong that the "new" style isn't even noticed.

The Bringer said:
It was a huge step to take for an album. It sounded better, it was more melodic, the vocals were easier to understand and it did had more melodic death attributes then neo-classical power metal ones. But the songs on both albums are so strong that the "new" style isn't even noticed.

fuck they are not power metal
they denie that

"we play (alot of kinds of metal )but we are not power metal"
alexi laiho

FRETPLAYER_mx said:
fuck they are not power metal
they denie that

"we play (alot of kinds of metal )but we are not power metal"
alexi laiho
Actually, they play some kind of powermetal.

They sing about death on their earlier material but if you take a song like Silent Night, Bodom Night and have any power metal singer sing, it would be power metal no doubt about it.

It has a similiar style as power metal but without the vocals and the lyrical themes.

Authentic Metalhead said:
That they do. No other vocalist could do their material justice. Maybe that's why Warmen seems to be missing something.

Hmm, I prefere Sinergy music.. Warmen is also good, at the moment I don't know what they could lack, but about the music style I prefere Sinergy and, first of all, Children of Bodom... they've done lots of songs and always good for me, maybe just changed a bit, but good anyway more than many other bands...