Cage / Hellstar / Sacred Oath Reggies Oct 1st.

Diabolik

Sep 30, 2005
Chicago,IL
www.facebook.com
Looks like someone finally got their act together and book a great traditional metal show / fest at Reggies.

CAGE
HELSTAR
Sacred Oath
Furnace
Black Widow

plus more....

Reggies October 1st saturday night.

Awesome!!! Helstar I've always wanted to see, but man, there are tons of shows coming in October. Fall always seems to be the best time of year for shows for some reason (at least for me).

Hell yes!!! Where did you hear about this?
I have just been getting into Helstar too.
Their new one sounds killer from the samples I have heard.

Wonder if MASSACRE RECORDS put this together.

DAMN!!!

no, this company called Mad Scientist. I guess they have one or two more bands and if any back out they have replacements all set in place. I guess this is going to be a yearly thing here.

Cage was really boring at Progpower a couple years ago. I'll probably leave when they start. I recently picked up a couple Helstar albums Nosferatu and Distant Thunder and thought they were pretty solid. Never heard Black Widow or Furnace before.

I disagree about Cage being boring at ProgPower. Maybe it's because I had wanted to see them for so long (since Darker than Black was "new")....but I thought they fuckin nailed it.

I disagree about Cage being boring at ProgPower. Maybe it's because I had wanted to see them for so long (since Darker than Black was "new")....but I thought they fuckin nailed it.

I thought they put in a pretty damn good set too. My only issue with them is at times they're being "TOO" Priestlike and it feels more like a cover band, even though it is different tunes.

I thought they put in a pretty damn good set too. My only issue with them is at times they're being "TOO" Priestlike and it feels more like a cover band, even though it is different tunes.

Yeah, it was essentially a priest cover band. It was not the caliber of band I expect at Progpower. And I gave them a chance but each album and song sounded the same. It became painful to listen.

I will never forget Sean Peck at Milwaukee Metalfest schmoozing all around the vendor area, telling everyone about all the bands CAGE has played with.
Yeah, they were good live. I still need to get their stuff on disc.

Helstar is who I am most interested in...............so far.

Sean is an....interesting guy. He's got a great voice, though, so Cage is cool in my book. Helstar interests me the most too, since I love the album "Nosferatu" so much, it'd be good to (hopefully) hear some of those tunes live! Gotta say, I'm really going to try to make this show, guys!