Cage / Hellstar / Sacred Oath Reggies Oct 1st.

Brauerhouse was a no-go. They wanted us to start at 10:30pm! Chicago is starting to disappoint. Next time we have a venue, all you metalheads (and all your friends) need to call up the place and tell the bitches you're coming with an army. We can't do this alone. All help is appreciated and needed. Get everywhere and spread the word, and tell people not to be lazy about it (this is key). They need talk about it, call the venue and inquire about it constantly, drink some beers, and invoke the gods of metal.

Brauerhouse was a no-go. They wanted us to start at 10:30pm! Chicago is starting to disappoint. Next time we have a venue, all you metalheads (and all your friends) need to call up the place and tell the bitches you're coming with an army. We can't do this alone. All help is appreciated and needed.

I dont get these clubs that want late shows....I dont think they realize people will not come out for these late shows and leave before the headliners play. Reggies is falling into this pattern with shows....it sucks. The bands are the ones getting hurt by this.

did you try The Abbey Pub?

calling the clubs and bugging them will NOT help. It will annoy them to no end and will end up hurting the show. Most of the time when calling you are just getting a bartender or office worker and not the person that needs to be contacted. Everyone in Chicago who knows about this is excited and spreading the word. Hopefully you get a place soon.

Brauerhouse was a no-go. They wanted us to start at 10:30pm! Chicago is starting to disappoint. Next time we have a venue, all you metalheads (and all your friends) need to call up the place and tell the bitches you're coming with an army. We can't do this alone. All help is appreciated and needed. Get everywhere and spread the word, and tell people not to be lazy about it (this is key). They need talk about it, call the venue and inquire about it constantly, drink some beers, and invoke the gods of metal.

Maybe I missed but did you try the Bottom Lounge? It's my favorite venue and definitely has the size you're looking for. They don't have anything on the schedule for Oct 1st.

http://bottomlounge.com/

Also, there is a place 10 minutes from my house where I saw Judas Beast (Maiden/Priest cover band obviously) called Leo's Bar and Grill. It was a good size. If all else fails it might be worth checking out. I remember it being roomy (they had tables that I'm sure could be moved out of the way). Just an idea. It's 5-10 minutes from my house so let me know if you need me to get any details or more pics.

http://leosbarandgrill.com/photos.html

calling the clubs and bugging them will NOT help. It will annoy them to no end and will end up hurting the show. Most of the time when calling you are just getting a bartender or office worker and not the person that needs to be contacted. Everyone in Chicago who knows about this is excited and spreading the word. Hopefully you get a place soon.

I disagree. Bartenders and non-decision-makers have shown much more interest in this than the booking persons. It is how I get personal contact info for "important" people and answering questions is the main function of a person in customer service. They serve as a bridge between the public and the decision makers. Additionally, if generates positive feedback. These establishments remain in business by appealing to a certain crowd. The biggest problem is that they don't believe this type of show has enough of a following to make it worth their time. Why? because the following is silent. Reassurance and influence from the public goes a long way, especially when it's bands they've never heard of. I'll give you an example. Total up all the people that have visited our official site (minus my editing visits), our "likes" on FB (minus my friends that I asked to do it so we could get a screen name), the people posting here (minus those included in the other categories), the feedback the bands have gotten, email feedback to us. How many does that make you are asking? Not even 100. If I can't tell some venue that we have more than 100 people coming, how will I get anywhere? I have the insurmountable task of convincing these venues on my own, with absolutely no data to quote. Why is it important? Hearsay holds no ground. "I got 15 calls today about the show you just booked" would generate a thought process and a venue wouldn't reggie us when a different band comes along. If I could have told Reggies "you're canceling us when we already have 100 presales" it would have been different. A show's success is 100% dependent on the fans, and I'm already having doubts myself. We need 100 tickets sold by Aug 1st just to be able to get Helstar out and the fans are letting us down. The moral of the story: remain silent and we fail!

We need 100 tickets sold by Aug 1st just to be able to get Helstar out and the fans are letting us down. The moral of the story: remain silent and we fail!

Is this for real? Helstar's pretty much the main draw for me and is what pushed me over the edge to buy a plane ticket from Atlanta to Chicago for the metal weekend.

Where is the Blabbermouth article announcing this fest? Where is any article at all? I'm not trying to be dick but the only reason I even know this exists is because someone told me about it on facebook. Isn't it a promoter's duty to promote? Fan help is always nice but at the end of the day, they're your customers. You don't expect customers to do work for you. Again, not trying to be a dick but knowing that Helstar might not even play if there aren't enough presale tickets two months before the show is kinda ridiculous IMO.

Is this for real? Helstar's pretty much the main draw for me and is what pushed me over the edge to buy a plane ticket from Atlanta to Chicago for the metal weekend.

Where is the Blabbermouth article announcing this fest? Where is any article at all? I'm not trying to be dick but the only reason I even know this exists is because someone told me about it on facebook. Isn't it a promoter's duty to promote? Fan help is always nice but at the end of the day, they're your customers. You don't expect customers to do work for you. Again, not trying to be a dick but knowing that Helstar might not even play if there aren't enough presale tickets two months before the show is kinda ridiculous IMO.

Thanks Brian....I was going to post something simular. Sure you need the fans to help spread the word....christ....I was the one who posted the info about the show on this forum and the PP forum and passed the info on through facebook to freinds. A Blabbermouth article would help a lot if not just to get the word out.

Getting presales are hard when a club is not nailed down yet. No one is going to want to spend money on something that could fall apart at the last minute without knowing if you will get your money back.

I really want this to happen. Hopefully things start to get going and you get a club soon. Did you guys have financial backing before getting this going to cover stuff like getting bands here first so you would not have to depend on presales to get the bands? just curious.

First of all, it's impossible to promote without a venue. It would be stupid to even try. We had one but we were canceled because they had no faith in the fans to show up. This prompted me to tell you and consider doing something about it. I was merely making a point to "you" to make your voices heard. Apologies to those who took it the wrong way.

Also, the Aug 1 date is based on plane tickets and a rough guestimation. The closer we get, the higher the price is, the more we spend to bring them out, the lower the chances are of us doing this the next year. See how that works? We are attempting to bring out bands that wouldn't come otherwise. It's quite a task from 500 miles away.

I apologize for attempting to get the fans involved. We're doing this for you and I thought you'd like to know how it's going and maybe be involved in helping the style of music you love. I will keep the updates to myself and you can read about it on the blabbermouth or whatever when we get another venue.

And, cancellations due to low presales are commonplace. No one is gonna waste time and money to do this.

thanks....my biggest gripe is that people love doing that and then calling it a fest....no..it was once a cool show now filled with 8 openers who on thier own dont draw more than 5 freinds. I would rather see even just 4 bands....one of the bands like Furnace then Helstar / Sacred oath / Cage and make it a real solid night.

We have the opportunity to expend to a two-day. It would be Sept 30 and Oct 1. Our initial idea was to move Cage over to the first night, but we have a lack of other good bands, and we're pretty exhausted from searching. If anyone has any helpful suggestions, email them to contact@ragnarokkr.com. Maybe we can set up some sort of poll. They have to be in the area or on tour. We're only entertaining this idea for a few days.