Cage / Hellstar / Sacred Oath Reggies Oct 1st.

Yeah, I really want to make it up to Chicago for this and the Enslaved show the next day. Listed some records on Ebay last night to start raising funds! Always wanted to check out Chicago (and the food...) so this is the perfect time.

True story.
I am taking part in a "THROW WATER BALLOONS AT THE MANAGERS" event next week at work.

I bet I am going to suffer from hypothermia!!!

How much would you arseholes pay to throw a water grenade at me??????????? :)

I preferred Cage when I saw them at Legends in Addison to their ProgPower performance, but thought they were still solid at PP and seemed like they won over several new fans.

I tend to prefer Darker Than Black, then Hell Destroyer, so when I saw them at Legends it was probably good timing as Hell Destroyer had just come out. Not a big fan of the latest disc for some reason, which had just come out around their PP performance.

Yeah, I really want to make it up to Chicago for this and the Enslaved show the next day. Listed some records on Ebay last night to start raising funds! Always wanted to check out Chicago (and the food...) so this is the perfect time.

Damn, didn't realize both these shows were two nights in a row. That makes things more difficult, but I really can't miss either one.

yeah....just like myself....such a busy social life. get your ass to both.

Well, considering all the film projects I'm getting into at the moment as well as trying not to be annoying by requesting off too much time at work, it can be difficult. Those two I really need to try to get to though.

I'll be coming in the morning of this show and then leaving at the buttcrack of dawn the morning after Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost. What restaurants are mandatory for me to check out? Also plan on doing a bit of sightseeing before the Enslaved show, so recommendations?

I'll be coming in the morning of this show and then leaving at the buttcrack of dawn the morning after Enslaved/Alcest/Ghost. What restaurants are mandatory for me to check out? Also plan on doing a bit of sightseeing before the Enslaved show, so recommendations?

If you're patient, I recommend going to Kuma's Corner. It's a burger joint, a very tasty one I might add where all the burgers are named after metal bands. The only downfall is that the wait can be quite lengthy, so give yourself enough time. Though I imagine if you get there during the day it shouldn't be as bad.

As for sightseeing, Millenium Park is always cool to wander through.

For food, you better get some true Chicago style deep dish pizza.
Depending where you are staying, Lou Maltnati's, UNO's, or Gino's East are a must. Worse case, get some Giordano's.

Finally, and MOST importantly, do not accept any pizza suggestions from Simon, unless you like the taste of ketchup on bread.

For food, you better get some true Chicago style deep dish pizza.
Depending where you are staying, Lou Maltnati's, UNO's, or Gino's East are a must. Worse case, get some Giordano's.

Finally, and MOST importantly, do not accept any pizza suggestions from Simon, unless you like the taste of ketchup on bread.

Coming from the person who hasn't even attempted new Dominos, granted when I have it, it's usually due to it being cheaper and someone else wanting it. What Jason suggested for pizza is good though...with the exception of Uno's. I would add Connie's to the list though.