Cage / Hellstar / Sacred Oath Reggies Oct 1st.

We have the opportunity to expend to a two-day. It would be Sept 30 and Oct 1. Our initial idea was to move Cage over to the first night, but we have a lack of other good bands, and we're pretty exhausted from searching. If anyone has any helpful suggestions, email them to contact@ragnarokkr.com. Maybe we can set up some sort of poll. They have to be in the area or on tour. We're only entertaining this idea for a few days.

from the area or around it....

High Spirits
Zuul
Superchrist
Wolfbait
Slauter Xtroyes
Winterhawk

other than that, I would keep it a one day thing.

You're better off to leave it to 1 day for your first festival. Unless you get a real strong band, moving Cage to a different night just waters down the festival. Leave it 1 strong day.

You also have Evergrey/Sabaton/diaBolikguard/ (Sep 26), Enslaved/Ghost/Alcest (Oct 2), Arch Enemy/DevilDriver/Skeletonwitch (Oct 4), & Saxon (Oct 8) all within the same timeframe. You could end up fighting for the available money & time people have.

You're better off to leave it to 1 day for your first festival. Unless you get a real strong band, moving Cage to a different night just waters down the festival. Leave it 1 strong day.

You also have Evergrey/Sabaton/diaBolikguard/ (Sep 26), Enslaved/Ghost/Alcest (Oct 2), Arch Enemy/DevilDriver/Skeletonwitch (Oct 4), & Saxon (Oct 8) all within the same timeframe. You could end up fighting for the available money & time people have.

diaBolikguard...hahahahaha

very true....with watering down the fest with smaller acts will pull people away. I know 1 person flying in for Ghost / Enslaved and this fest. 3 days of shows will push people to choose one or the other. I would love to see just Helstar / Cage / Sacred Oath the the 2 openers aleady announced. Anything else will just make it a long night. Unless you have something really cool asides just local acts....just stick with what you have. People will actually avoid coming if there is too many bands that they dont know or show up real late for the bigger acts.

Very good point as the week this will be has a LOT of good shows and competition.

Let me state this another way. I'm not from Chicago. I don't know the good bands out there. I've heard of Slauter Xstroyes from KIT but they are not playing shows now. They may be ready in time, but no one knows. I wanted to know if there were any other good bands up there that have a solid fan base. Bands that would be worth coming to see, and worth my time to organize. If anyone was confused and thought I just wanted a random list of locals so I could fill up the bill, not at all. That would be a waste of mine and the venue's time.

Let me state this another way. I'm not from Chicago. I don't know the good bands out there. I've heard of Slauter Xstroyes from KIT but they are not playing shows now. They may be ready in time, but no one knows. I wanted to know if there were any other good bands up there that have a solid fan base. Bands that would be worth coming to see, and worth my time to organize. If anyone was confused and thought I just wanted a random list of locals so I could fill up the bill, not at all. That would be a waste of mine and the venue's time.

any of these bands will bring people in...some who would not come out for this show.....

High Spirits
Zuul
Superchrist
Bones

When any of those bands play the Red Line Tap here in Chicago...they draw between 80 - 100 people. Some are people who support the place no matter who plays and others are fans of the band. Believe me....I am very harsh on locals. I would suggest actually staying away from booking any locals. You have to look at it as people are there for the 3 main bands. No one is going to go....oh my god....this local act is playing...now I have to go. Those are the types who wont even stick around till the end. The last thing you want is to scare anyone away with booking too many bands in the one day. You have a lot of competition that week.

Saturday Spet 24 - Deceased
Monday Sept 26th - Evergrey / Sabaton
saturday Oct 1st - Your fest / show
Sunday Oct 2nd - DRI
Sunday Oct 2nd - Enslaved / Alcest / Ghost

there is a lot happening. You need to make your show the most interesting. Adding locals just hoping they bring in some freinds isnt going to help. Putting it out there that Cage are playing an extended set like you mentioned and really pushing Sacred Oath / Helstar. This is what needs to be the focus. There are already 2 bands opening it sounds like. Why make it a long day?

I am not trying to tell you how to run things. I am offering help here as a show goer and someone who has been around for many years. if you are looking for any info...feel free to ask.

Thanks Diabolik. The first part is what I was looking for. As long as they don't play shows all the time. I'm not talking about making the day longer. If we moved Cage to friday, Helstar and Sacred Oath would have nice long sets. I just wanted some bands that would have people saying "I get to see them, them AND Cage, and see Sacred Oath with Helstar the next night for one low price." The "them,them" is where I need the fill in. There's still a chance for Manilla Road and Slauter Xstroyes.

Trust me. We have thought of everything you're saying, and much more. Adding locals, to me, is only letting 4-5 people come for free. You and I shouldn't be so harsh on locals tho, they deserve our support and the scene as a whole needs it.

Most of the bands mentioned above tour frequently. Someone mentioned Skeletonwitch. I think this is their third tour in the last year. If anyone passes on bands that they may never see again, it's their loss. We really don't need them anyway. We want a solid fan base of fest supporters. And we're not going to be a show that hosts bands that tour all the time. If they happen to be coming thru at the same time, maybe, but we want to bring bands out that wouldn't come otherwise. If there are no bands that fit the bill, fine, we keep it one day. Less work for us. I don't know if anyone has considered this, but this is a very time consuming and expensive venture.

I would seriously consider getting Manilla Road. I am not a fan actually but that would bring in people on the fence and MANY people would travel in for this then. Plus it would draw in people from the city for this who are on the fence. I still think one day is perfect. If going to 2 days you needs some bigger acts because people will just pick the one day that a band they like is playing. Sad, but the truth. I think Manilla Road is what would push this over to a must see show with lots of people who would maybe just consider coming out. If you got Cage / Helstar / Sacred Oath / Manilla Road / 2 openers ( Iron Finger and Furnace as you had on the flyer) you would be set. Nothing else asides adding bigger acts would make this a great show.

Like you said...not to be harsh on the locals but to get the quality locals is tough. With the bands I mentioned above...these are bands that I have seen play thier own headlinging set and actually draw a crowd into to see them and pay. Not just freinds and hanger ons.

I saw Bones (ex-Usurper) last weekend and they were insane and packed the place to see them. Again though...it was in the heart of the city. I dont know how many would travel out to see them. But they had the place that held over 200 nearly packed as being the 2nd band on the bill and people totally getting into it.

when you start just grabbing any local band hoping they draw some people is when things get bad and desperate. As a concert goer I see this move as a last ditch hail mary that the band brings out thier freinds....but as I said..they are the ones who leave early and have zero interest in seeing the other bands...and are the ones who act like fools since they are there to just hang out and not be there to support the show.