Cage / Hellstar / Sacred Oath Reggies Oct 1st.

sightseeing.....

if you are looking for tourist stuff....anywhere downtown chicago. Which is like 3 stops on the EL from Reggies. Millenium Park, Grant park, lots of museums and tall buildings.

Northside - my classic apartment, Reckless Records ( punk / metal / indie record store), lots of little stores ( comics / books stores ) lots of freaks walking around.

Wicker Park - Reckless Records, and lots and lots of hipsters and stores. Not much to look at but for walking around and eating there is lots.

Avoid KUMA's. Just because the food is named after metal bands does not make it good. It is funny. I heard that the guy who gave it that idea and got the place running got fired years ago by a guy who has no clue about metal. Kind of funny that the metal thing is why it is popular with people who dont even listen to metal.

Avoid KUMA's. Just because the food is named after metal bands does not make it good. It is funny. I heard that the guy who gave it that idea and got the place running got fired years ago by a guy who has no clue about metal. Kind of funny that the metal thing is why it is popular with people who dont even listen to metal.

Don't listen to Bob. They have some of the best burgers I've ever had, but like I said, if you don't have much time, then avoid it as the wait can be long.

the best burgers are made by hole in the wall places in the city....not some place that you need a loan to pay for and a week to wait to get a seat.

Dude, they aren't that expensive and what does that even have to do with how good the burgers actually taste? The wait is annoying I'll admit, which is why I've only been there twice. However, it may be different if you're there during the day. I wouldn't know as I've only been there on Friday nights (God knows why).

So, ummm...I hear there is a cool metal festival happening in October.... :)

Maybe we need a separate, "THINGS TO DO IN CHICAGO" thread here where we can discuss tourist traps, food, nightlife, etc.

So, ummm...I hear there is a cool metal festival happening in October.... :)

Maybe we need a separate, "THINGS TO DO IN CHICAGO" thread here where we can discuss tourist traps, food, nightlife, etc.

start that thread, we can hear all about Simons grand dining places like Jimmy Johns and Domino's. There is this new place called Arbys which is amazing I heard. hahahahah just kidding Simon.

So this show isn't being promoted on any sites that I've found. Are there more bands being added? Any bigger names or just locals? Is there a flyer yet?

Hello, I'm one of the co-organizers for this show and I wanted to give a quick update.
Reggie's yanked the carpet out from under us saying they "got an opportunity for another big show." We still had the venue but would have been forced to change the date, which is pretty much impossible. However, there is a small chance we may get back on track with Reggie's. We've been looking at other places with little luck, but we did get a confirmation for Brauerhouse. Problem is the capacity is smaller than Reggie's so if we go there it will likely affect ticket price.
Heavy promotion will hopefully start soon. We have a video ready, but with the venue problems we can't release it yet. We are also working on a radio commercial, and looking at stations to play it.
Current lineup is thus:
Iron Finger
Furnaze
Catalano
Sacred Oath
Helstar
Cage

Black Widow had to cancel due to medical reasons. For the sake of time we are going to stick with the current lineup, but if Slauter Xstroyes can get a new drummer ready in time we will add them as a replacement for Black Widow.
For now, the best place to go for updates is our Facebook page
But I do want to start up a forum here for Ragnarokkr Metal Apocalypse. Anybody know how to do that? Is it something I can put together myself, or do I have to contact the site admins to put it together?

Thanks-Chris

you have to contact the site admins.

hopefully you can still get Reggies. If not you ought to look into the Abbey Pub. it is a nice place and still in the city. They do lots of festivals and big shows.

Glad you're not looking to change the date, as that was something that I was planning around. With your show, then the Enslaved show the next day, it's an amazing little weekend of metal up there in Chi-town.

exactly....Brian already got his airline tickets. As a heads up....if the show gets moved to a burb or outside area from Chicago but still in the outlying burbs....I will drive any out of towners who come in.

No promise as I would have to clear with the boss, err I mean wife....
If it is at the Brauerhouse in Lombard, I would be willing to host a small pre-party at my place (weather permitting)