can anyone actually clarify the situation?

fatdonut

New Metal Member
Jun 11, 2004
ok ok we've all got our opinions (mostly) against this clusterfuck of a reunion but what no one seems to know is

IS THIS REUNION INTENDED AS A PERMANENT LINEUP CHANGE?

it was always clear when speaking to him that john bush wanted to spend some time with his new family and although joey vera was (and still is) a great bassist and a really nice guy, he always seemed to be juggling numerous musical projects and i believed that even he never felt the anthrax bass position was totally his. speaking to the band you always got an impression that that it was a matter of when frankie came back, not if. we all know rob is a great producer as well as guitarist, has his production skills become so in demand he cant commit to anthrax any more

ALL WE FANS WANT IS THE TRUTH, NOT THE MEDIA HYPE AND BULLSHIT THATS BEEN FED TO THE METAL PRESS

we supported the band thru the lean times, when the music press didn't give a fuck who anthrax were, we went to the gigs, bought the cds (no matter how hard they sometimes were to find in the shops) & when the band were doing pathetic cameo appearances in cheap british movies about some ugly bints gettin naked for a charity calendar

WE DESERVE BETTER - WE DESERVE THE TRUTH!

simply explain the reasons for what on the surface seems like a sellout - will someone in the band please answer these simple questions:

1: is the reunion permanent and if so, are john bush and rob caggiano gone forever

2: the reasons for any split (even if its put down to the copout "musical differences" surely we deserve to know - its gotta be better than the rumours that followed frankie leaaving last year)

3: are this reformed lineup gonna be playing any of the john bush era tracks live

i'm sure even those fans who are so vocally opposed to this move may be able to accept it IF they hear the reasons behind it

we're not idiots (well most of us aint) we realise that bills must be paid - although i oppose this reunion on principle even i'd accept it if it was done because the band needed memmbers who could commit to a summer touring or because it was the ONLY way the band could get a look in on the ozzfest

JUST TELL US THE TRUTH!

the truth?
you/we are asking for far too much!!

we will never get the truth from those guys.
we only picks for a dollar and photos of scott posing with some celeb...that shit is far more important!

1. Whether it's permanent or not is unclear. I don't think the band knows either. If it flops or they don't get along, I bet they'll ask John to rejoin. Hopefully he does. If it does well, who knows. I still HOPE to see them continue on with John and Rob and record a proper followup to WCFYA. Too much kickass momentum to just abandon it.

2. I'd assume the reasons for any split, if there was one, is because Charlie and Scott wanted to do this reunion.

3. I doubt it. In the press release they said "the classic lineup, the classic songs"

Hah, I'd love (actually, I'd probably hate) to see Belladonna try What Doesn't Die...that would be hilarious (on second thought, disturbingly disgusting).

fatdonut said:
ok ok we've all got our opinions (mostly) against this clusterfuck of a reunion but what no one seems to know is

IS THIS REUNION INTENDED AS A PERMANENT LINEUP CHANGE?

it was always clear when speaking to him that john bush wanted to spend some time with his new family and although joey vera was (and still is) a great bassist and a really nice guy, he always seemed to be juggling numerous musical projects and i believed that even he never felt the anthrax bass position was totally his. speaking to the band you always got an impression that that it was a matter of when frankie came back, not if. we all know rob is a great producer as well as guitarist, has his production skills become so in demand he cant commit to anthrax any more

ALL WE FANS WANT IS THE TRUTH, NOT THE MEDIA HYPE AND BULLSHIT THATS BEEN FED TO THE METAL PRESS

we supported the band thru the lean times, when the music press didn't give a fuck who anthrax were, we went to the gigs, bought the cds (no matter how hard they sometimes were to find in the shops) & when the band were doing pathetic cameo appearances in cheap british movies about some ugly bints gettin naked for a charity calendar

WE DESERVE BETTER - WE DESERVE THE TRUTH!

simply explain the reasons for what on the surface seems like a sellout - will someone in the band please answer these simple questions:

1: is the reunion permanent and if so, are john bush and rob caggiano gone forever

2: the reasons for any split (even if its put down to the copout "musical differences" surely we deserve to know - its gotta be better than the rumours that followed frankie leaaving last year)

3: are this reformed lineup gonna be playing any of the john bush era tracks live

i'm sure even those fans who are so vocally opposed to this move may be able to accept it IF they hear the reasons behind it

we're not idiots (well most of us aint) we realise that bills must be paid - although i oppose this reunion on principle even i'd accept it if it was done because the band needed memmbers who could commit to a summer touring or because it was the ONLY way the band could get a look in on the ozzfest

JUST TELL US THE TRUTH!

great post and well said.

Saturday night, Scott and Joey were on Eddie Trunk's XM show. They did a pretty lengthy interview but unfortunately I only caught the last hour so. Most of these questions were asked. It seemed to me and my gf that Scott was kinda beating around the bush when the question regarding Bush was asked. I understood that they just don't know (or they do and don't want to say) if this "classic" line-up is gonna last. Joey, on the otherhand, seemed like he totally wants to keep the line-up if possible. When the question regarding them doing Bush songs was asked, both Joey and Scott gave a hearty "NO". So at least that question was answered. Oh, and I don't know if this was already stated, but they are going to be doing songs from Fistful to Persistence and they'll be starting their U.S. tour in the fall.

I think that's all I have to add.

shannon

hervictim said:
Saturday night, Scott and Joey were on Eddie Trunk's XM show. They did a pretty lengthy interview but unfortunately I only caught the last hour so. Most of these questions were asked. It seemed to me and my gf that Scott was kinda beating around the bush when the question regarding Bush was asked. I understood that they just don't know (or they do and don't want to say) if this "classic" line-up is gonna last. Joey, on the otherhand, seemed like he totally wants to keep the line-up if possible. When the question regarding them doing Bush songs was asked, both Joey and Scott gave a hearty "NO". So at least that question was answered. Oh, and I don't know if this was already stated, but they are going to be doing songs from Fistful to Persistence and they'll be starting their U.S. tour in the fall.

I think that's all I have to add.

shannon
That make me feel sad, sad & used.