can anyone actually play bodom????

can you play bodom on your instrument?

• Total voters
SIlence has always been my favourite cover art. I guess my favourite album is ecliptica, cause it has a lot of my favourite Sonata songs

When im warmed up, i can probably nail the follow the reaper solo, mainly because its quite linear, also the SNBN.

Heres a short clip of th downfall ssolo, slowed down a bit www.planetcarl.com/music/downfall.mp3

here is one of my own solos:
www.planetcarl.com/music/harmony2drums.mp3
www.planetcarl.com/music/clean.mp3

songs with a friend:
www.planetcarl.com/music/forest2.mp3
www.planetcarl.com/music/temple.mp3

In conclusion i have no Bodom recordings to back up by statements, but i dont really care, maybe one day, when there is a good Follow the reaper backing track, and i haev a wah peddle i might record it.

Actually i might recording the SNBN solo soon

more music www.planetcarl.com/music

fridaY13th said:
When im warmed up, i can probably nail the follow the reaper solo, mainly because its quite linear, also the SNBN.

Heres a short clip of th downfall ssolo, slowed down a bit www.planetcarl.com/music/downfall.mp3

songs with a friend:

In conclusion i have no Bodom recordings to back up by statements, but i dont really care, maybe one day, when there is a good Follow the reaper backing track, and i haev a wah peddle i might record it.

Dude, i said this a long time ago when i first ehard your work, you're fucking good, and put myself and many others to shame :D

Keep up the good work :D

i can play......
Guitar - Bed of razors, Bodom after midnight, sixpounder, haterew deathroll, hatebreeder, northen comfort.....but thats just the rhythm parts
Bass - All of the above and deadnight warrior, needled 24/7, in the shadows, everything off hatebreeder.

I can play a lot of Bodom, Henkka's parts are considerably easier than some of Alexi's.

:loco:

But I can play on guitar as well, quite a bit of rhythm stuff and some of the easier leads.

henkkas parts are easier because henkka plays the rhythm but it's normally different to the guitar rhythm, and then you have alexi shredding away on lead
almost grasped the first sixpounder solo, the arpeggios are hard though...i think i'm doing pretty good seeing as i don't play guitar as much as bass

~Everytime~I~Die~ said:
henkkas parts are easier because henkka plays the rhythm but it's normally different to the guitar rhythm, and then you have alexi shredding away on lead
almost grasped the first sixpounder solo, the arpeggios are hard though...i think i'm doing pretty good seeing as i don't play guitar as much as bass

Same here, I just picked up guitar very recently as a kind of side-project, if you like. I mainly play bass, but every now and then I play a bit of guitar.

Oh, and I almost forgot - I can play a fair bit of Bodom on keyboards. The solos are just crazy, but I can play some of the leads.

I'm practising Everytime I Die alot at the moment because we're planning to do it with our band and I can do nearly all of it by now, except for the few really really fast bits (everything that's notated in triplets on GP4) but I'm getting there! I can also do the main parts of Downfall, Chokehold and Angels Don't Kill, but I've never really tried to play the full songs. I tend to give up to early due to a lack of time (so much Finnish vocabulary to learn...) But I've really gotten better since I'm on holiday and can play every day again, and I didn't even realize it until I was playing the main riff of Chokehold and turned on the song for a moment to check the speed and realized I had been playing it in the original speed all the time :D Now I might try something else from Follow The Reaper next... Oh yeah, forgot, I can do Touch Like Angel Of Death nearly completely, my problem is just that I don't have a complete tab of the solo :(

fridaY13th said:

songs with a friend:

OMG MAN THATS AWESOME very nice

fridaY13th, you are one of the best guitarists I've heard in a looooong time. Congratulations on all the ass kicking. Barring any problems with my insane family, I will record some stuff tonight for you all to hear.

Alright people this one is gonna be called LAKE BODOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lake_Bodom_-_Joses_Solo_Version.wmv (9mb)

Sorry for the delay but you know, Christmas and the video editing! Oh man does that take a long time, but who cares at least I learned a little about editing myself. I was gonna do more video editing, like doing a blue screen thing and putting something cool in the background (A la Paul Gilbert), but nahhhh, not for now at least, if you have any TIPS on doing this let me know!

Oh yeah I also transcribed the solo, so we can all learn, after all this is the point of the posting songs thing right? If you have any comments or questions on the licks let me know!

Here's the Guitar Pro 4 transcription

Lake_Bodom__Joses_Version.gp4

It's not exactly like it's played on the video, but somewhat of what I intended to play. Oh yeah Lake Bodom is in E Minor if any of you want to improvise.

WARNING!

* The solo in the song is not Alexi's note per note as performed in Something Wild! but rather it's just my own version of the Lake Bodom Solo.

*The writings in the video might not be readable, that's because I had to reduce it so I coul post it here. The transcription goes as follows:

Intro: Alright this one is gonna be called, LAKE BODOM!
Outro: Recorded in Barquisimeto, Venezuela. Dec, 29, 2004.
All playing, arranging and video editing done by: Jose Garcia
Thanks to www.ultimatemetal.com
Thanks for watching!
and Thanks to Alexi Laiho!

And it's not written on the tape but probably thanks to whoever put up this thread, it actually made me go through all of this, and it's a good thing you know......

Things I learned from learning Lake Bodom and actually recording this video:

* That Children of Bodom kicks even more ass than I thought
* That Lake Bodom is written in E Minor (and so is Deadnight Warrior)
* That surprisingly enough my brother who does not listen to any metal and thinks that Pearl Jam is heavy actually liked the song as heard on guitar pro and played by me, but hey! That's a start.
* That you should always set your fonts really big when writing for any video
* That probably not even Janne Warman could play the Lake Bodom solo as transcribed on the guitar pro file I uploaded.
* That being a full time Musician is the best job you can ever have (Actually I didn't learn this from the video, but hell yes this is true!)

Oh yeah! What really sucks on this video is the date on the bottom left corner! All the time! Sorry but I didn't feel like recording it again.

Alright it's getting too long for any of you to read, so seeya later! And oh yeah.......Listen to some X Japan.:loco:

I *try* to play some Bodom on keyboard, but I'm crap and it's mainly just intros. <\3 But I will persevere. :D

zakk_hate_me_666 said:
I thought Something Wild was in C# :erk:
The whole album you mean? At least not Lake Bodom, I'm sure that that one is in E minor.

And what happened to the Deadnight Warrior video that you wanted? I sent you a PM and you never wrote back so.........