Can other members of Opeth sing?

zakk wylde child laiho said:
mikael doesnt really have a great voice, and his guitar playing is adequate at best. if he only showed more emotion in his vocals, and played some more complex songs, opeth would be a lot better imo.

I also disagree, Mikael does have a great voice as far as i am concerned! And music isnt always about complexity, i think Opeth are writing songs the way they want to write them and thats how it should be.

Any body heard anything about making Per Wiberg part of Opeth? I liked his backing vocals much on the Lamentations DVD. He complemented Mikael perfectly. Too bad he's into playing old style blues rock in his other bands. Maybe the tour with Opeth will convert him.

Per Wiberg's hair fucking rules! :worship:

Any body heard anything about making Per Wiberg part of Opeth? I liked his backing vocals much on the Lamentations DVD. He complemented Mikael perfectly. Too bad he's into playing old style blues rock in his other bands. Maybe the tour with Opeth will convert him.

Per Wiberg's hair fucking rules! :worship:

are you a retard? he's been in the band for ages now....

j/k

well, both per and fredrik can sing obviously, and perhaps mendez did some black metal vocals in one of his old bands? dunno about axe, maybe does some singing with nathalie?

well, both per and fredrik can sing obviously, and perhaps mendez did some black metal vocals in one of his old bands? dunno about axe, maybe does some singing with nathalie?

Yeah, I was totally surprised by Fredrik's singing on 'The Lotus Eater' when I last saw them live. But he sure hit those notes well. The other groups I've seen/heard that he has played in, he has been a guitarist exclusively. I didn't know he had it in him.

Whoa, OLD thread.

Johan Defarfalla used to do backing vocals, but he was horrible and was soon dropped. Peter tried to do it, but while playing guitar it was impossible. Per can sing quite well, from the 2 times I've seen him live. And Frederik can also sing pretty well, he does backing vox and a few lead vox on Lotus Eater, did pretty damn good last September.

Yeah, I was totally surprised by Fredrik's singing on 'The Lotus Eater' when I last saw them live. But he sure hit those notes well. The other groups I've seen/heard that he has played in, he has been a guitarist exclusively. I didn't know he had it in him.

Actually he sang background vocals in Talisman when they played live =)

For a second I thought that vocals came from the tape cause Mike was not singing. But it was Åkesson! Think it was on Lotus Eater... great live song btw!

Sure, but I'm happy with where the band has gone in recent years. I think that at this point you can expect just about anything from them. Also, they're in such fantastic live shape.. Don't think the band could do much better.