Can someone ID these Shure Overheads for me?

Lowberg

Aug 26, 2004
Rochester, NY
Someone listed these on craigslist as Shure ShotGun condensor mics :confused:

Can someone I.D. What model these are?
I was thinking maybe PG series but they look a little different.

Sucks when people upload crappy photos with bad info:(

1f712a1423kd3o33l48c6f8b51b9127dd1912.jpg

Nah, it's not either of those, cuz they both get thicker at the capsule (and are cardioid), whereas the one's Lowberg posted are the same thickness the whole way through and are shotgun (at least according to the seller)

I finally got in touch with the seller.

He said they are Shure 16AMs :confused::confused:

I looked online and on Shure's website and couldn't find anything except that they exist and were only produced for a short period of time.

Anyone have any knowledge about them?

i'm your man for these babies. :lol:

i still own three of these and they were my first sdc's i've ever owned.
i bought them new in 1997.

they run on batterie, no phantompower possible and they clip quite easily on loud sources.
i had to hang them quite high as overheads, cause with heavy snare hitters they clipped in a cymbal only position.

they are a bit 90's semi pro sounding, if you know what i mean.
they are different to the new china mics on the market.
a bit less treble and not that much body, bass compared to new contenders.
one mic did cost me someting like 100 $ new. but at these days that was one of the cheapest you could get.

if the deal is right for them and you're really a rookie with no budget and just starting with the whole recording thing, then go for it.

i wouldn't pay more than 50 $ for the pair.

btw, they are not matched and they are cardioids.

hope that helps,

alex

My name is Alex as well, so I shall trust fellow Alex's.

Thanks a bunch, I absolutely couldn't find any reviews or opinions on them from google.

The person is selling them for 100 bucks for the pair, but based on what you said I definitely wont be buying them haha.

My name is Alex as well, so I shall trust fellow Alex's.

Thanks a bunch, I absolutely couldn't find any reviews or opinions on them from google.

The person is selling them for 100 bucks for the pair, but based on what you said I definitely wont be buying them haha.

naa, 100 bucks i way too much for these mics.
the only reason why i still have mine is that i'm too lazy to sell something for nearly nothing. there will be a situation, where i really need these mics, i'm quite confident :loco:

one day there will be a band, that want exactly 'that' 90's demo adat, mackie style recording and then i'm their fellow!! :lol:

whats your budget for sdc's ?
and remember, you don't have to get sdc's for overheads, maybe take a look at ldc's or ribbons, as well.