Can you believe this shit people?

@Misanthrope: I don't tell people what they have to do. I actually don't give a shit of what other people do or think, and especially you.
I know it's your favourite topic here, feel free to discuss it as long as you want. I won't even read your answers, because they'll be the same as your 135648 previous ones.
And I'm not the only one to think the "OMG how this board is boring" threads have just been too much discussed here. Just read the first posts in this thread.

Saying all us cunts here actually just want rambeling threads isn't true. Honestly, if it would make this place better, get rid of the fucking NF RF NP PAM and all that crap. I post in them because that's what's here, and I don't want to give up hope on this place, even though it's becoming less and less each day.

I've tried to start DT related threads before. The last one involved 2 posts other than the topic starter... one was off topic. People want to talk about themselves... Not DT, and I guess that's not a sin.

I'm only here now out of routine in all honesty. Although I think the people that post here are great people, I agree there is no dynamism anymore.

Misanthrope said:
So in other words "Dont complain, we will continue to be retards and you can make meaningfull threads and conversation by yourself?"
No, in other words: Complaining wont change anything, but an effort to change things could

rahvin said:
so, if everybody just posts on those threads because they're "what's here", then why are they here, i wonder.

Because it's easy to spam it while staying on topic.
Also, a while back, when the NF thread first started up, people actually cared about how their fellow forum members were feeling, but now, like Mis said, it's just getting really """Emo""" on those threads. I feel like I need a shower.

Just make a 'Dear Diary' thread and put all the random shite threads into it (Nf, Np, and Random fact) because that's pretty much how I see those threads now-a-days. It's commentaries on our lives, a live journal spread across three threads.

Q&A should stay seperate. It's a nice thread I think, putting a question out in to the ever beyond and getting an eventual random response... its a buzz :p.

Not much more to say really.

rahvin said:
and i cannot summon new people to do that.

The band can. Maybe next time you'll request help on DT's page to look for a fan that can provide better server, prepare and welcome new people that naturally come here to read about their favorite band and offer them SOMETHING so they stay: an idiot-free enviroment away from a bullshit comunity like UM, a spam-free enviroment ( like an universal spam/emo thread ) and a server that actually fucking works with basic utilities like search function. Do that the next time the band plans to release a record if you are truly interested in helping out your friends.

Id take care of the interesting threads, meaningfull debate and newbie bashing/welcoming/flaming.

Taliesin said:
No, in other words: Complaining wont change anything, but an effort to change things could

I am making an efford to get rid of you and all your kind the next time the band releases a record, since you're oblivious to the fact that me making an efford to make things interesting wont work if the rest of the forum is making an efford to make crap threads and meaningless post and cry like babies whenever i use the words fuck you or stupid broad.

Misanthrope said:
The band can. Maybe next time you'll request help on DT's page to look for a fan that can provide better server, prepare and welcome new people that naturally come here to read about their favorite band and offer them SOMETHING so they stay: an idiot-free enviroment away from a bullshit comunity like UM, a spam-free enviroment ( like an universal spam/emo thread ) and a server that actually fucking works with basic utilities like search function. Do that the next time the band plans to release a record if you are truly interested in helping out your friends.

the server/basic functions part will be taken care of. we don't need to ask around anymore.

i wish i shared your optimism about the changes that these things will produce in terms of environment and "new people that actually come here". we'll see.

New people do come here is not optimism, they just leave as fast as they come. And ive seen plently of forums that are molded exactly into what the owners want by moderation and encouragement, the only problem is when the owner doesnt wants anything which results into the forum not being molded at all beyond what the majority pushes for, and on UM the majority just fucking sucks.

rahvin said:
i can't blame you, and i agree with you. however, try and consider if it matters on any other board. i've come to the same conclusion for every place i've visited, except technical forums, fanfiction forums, and every board where the specific purpose defeats the general "building community" effect.

also, tech/fanfic/etc. forums that have a lot of 'to the point', topical conversations going on also have heavy moderation. it's a restriction on the posters' freedom which they gladly accept so that the board doesn't degenerate into a mayhem of chit-chat, necessary also because some of these boards are huge. still, i don't think anyone here would like stricter rules: one of the reasons why we come here is that we can vent to our heart's content.

completely off-topic: @taliesin: i'm replying to you as soon as i get a minute to actually write something that makes sense. be patient. :)

Misanthrope said:
New people do come here is not optimism, they just leave as fast as they come.

they do come, and they certainly do leave. maybe you're right, and those who leave would be more into serious on/off-topic discussion than those who stay. but i'd still like to see it before i believe it.

And ive seen plently of forums that are molded exactly into what the owners want by moderation and encouragement,

it's true about many things, but no, i don't think moderation can spark meaningful debate. as i said before, removing non-meaningful debate achieves nothing, except silence.

i think we've been through most of the possibilities before, and ultimately all i have to say is that i can't substitute myself to the users. users are needed for topical conversations on any specific subject.

Slow loading times and no search function are only minor irritants. I doubt they actually have any relevance as to whether or not people stick around...

but I agree that it should change. My mates invisioned forum is a more well oiled machine than this. Maybe you should start a petition or something? I'll sign it.

A more likely reason people are fast to stick their tail between their legs and fuck off will be due to coming here and finding arguments like this about there being no life around here anymore yada yada yada... and also that there's no life around here anymore (before you think this has come full circle... once again, I personally don't think this is because of the slow loading times).

rahvin said:
it's true about many things, but no, i don't think moderation can spark meaningful debate. as i said before, removing non-meaningful debate achieves nothing, except silence.

I disagree. Sure by itself, moderation cannot spark meaningful debate but:

1) Alot of places that used to have meaningful debate chased their debating users away by allowing spammers to run free. Think about it, if you were discussing something meaninful and really interesting with Liz wouldnt you think that a bunch of college kids that breaked into the room naked and laughing and farting would pretty much ruin said conversation? Specially if you cannot tell them "GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!" Or in the same vein you are with a group of friends talking or comenting about something then a bunch of people march into the room and start interrupting people and saying

"oh i feel sad, You?" "i feel sad too, you?" "i just ate a burrito" "Im listening to maiden!" "my dog died im so sad" "when do you stopped believing in santa?"

Without stopping, that would make you and your friends leave and try to find another place or call it a night or something.

2) You really underestimate Dark Tranquillity's fans and prejudge people if you think they wouldnt be capable of sparking meaningful conversation if they are given the right forum and you know why? Because it already happened once many years ago, neither you or I would be here otherwise.

Traveler In Time said:
I took about 5 mins to understand wtf was happening in the quotes...and i still don't know i think....

it's from another (Q/A?) thread, I think... I'd suggest to take this frustration on plants, animals or through masturbation... combining those would be most helpful!

//Aye, I'm back at jerking off during observing how my catuses grow while my dog pisses on them...