Cannibal Corpse

SculptedCold said:
CC are both. Gore metal is, for the most part, just a picky aesthetically disparate subgenre of death metal. Typically, death metal with gory themes, lyrics, art etc. Aborted, Impaled, Exhumed and Carcass are other death metal bands commonly identified as 'gore metal'.

Gore metal is defined as the merger of European and American styles of death metal with a healthy dose of gore. Gorgasm are also a gore metal band because they have shades of NYDM and their obvious European DM influence.

Hahaha

Cannibal Corpse used to be an interesting band. After "the Bleeding" it all went downwards... quickly.

I mean, releasing an album each and every year really takes the magic away. Cannibal Corpse are like Vader: releasing too much in too short a period of time and too much of the same over and over.

One word: boring

I find the Fisher-era CC far more interesting than Barnes-era. And The Bleeding...goodness....that album is a steaming pile of shit.

Oh and Immolation and Demilich are both in entirely different (better) leagues than Cannibal Corpse, but CC are still quite a good all-round trademark band for death metal I think. They've had a bit of all kinds of death metal in their career.

Cannibal corpse is death metal. Gore metal was just some thing that Exhumed started using that a bunch of people call a genre. Like Venom did back in the days of their album "black metal" or possessed did with the song "death metal".