Can't stop playing the new album

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
I'm totally addicted. I can't listen to anything else except the new ZH album. It's absolutely mindblowing.

Best release of 2006. It beat Vanden Plas' Christ 0 for me.

Great job guys! I'll post more when I've fully digested this disc.

Murat

And Jasun, you're the kindest soul in the music business I know.

I love you bro! Kudos to you. Chris totally slays on the new album. Mike's tone kicks my ass. And Troy is the god of bass. :)

AWESOME MURAT and glad you're enjoying the new disc bro.

I know I sound like a broken record but the disc came together so well and we're very happy with the results.

I hope I have copies next week lol.

YOU RULE MAN and thanks for letting us knwo your thoughts.

Jasun

batmura said:
I'm totally addicted. I can't listen to anything else except the new ZH album. It's absolutely mindblowing. Best release of 2006. It beat Vanden Plas' Christ 0 for me.

I agree, it is the album of the year. Highly addictive!

Rawk!

Same here. I gave it a 9.8 in my Aardschok review. I can't stop playing it. And O man... Chris is really the right man for the job! I just love the dynamic, almost jazz like parts where he is whispering, talking, singing and screaming.

The playing on this album is out of this world. If they want me to stop listening to this album they can pry it out of my dead cold fingers!! :headbang:

COME TO EUROPE FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hotjump: :hotjump: :hotjump:

That's awesome Hawk and glad to see Sensory is getting the CD's to the reviewers......YOU RULE HAWK and thank you for helping us spread the word by putting a review of the CD in Aardschok.

VERY, VERY COOL and we do plan to get out to Europe in 2007. If you're in Europe and you want us to come play please help us spread the word. We really want to do some shows.

METAL and thank you all for posting your thoughts on the new CD.

Jasun

ZHJ&T said:
That's awesome Hawk and glad to see Sensory is getting the CD's to the reviewers......YOU RULE HAWK and thank you for helping us spread the word by putting a review of the CD in Aardschok.

Jasun, the people at Aardschok wanted me to do the review. They explicitly asked me to do it so it could be printed in the upcoming Aardschok.

I strongly got the feeling that they thought I was the right man for the job, because they also let me review the album of Twisted Into Form which I gave a 8.5 a very high rating for a mainstream printed magazine when you consider all the madness going on on that record.

Btw I love the Twisted Into Form album. Its fucking brilliant!

The Zero Hour review cd that was used was send to Aardschok by the distribution company in the Netherlands called Bertus. I have not received my copy from Ken yet.

ZHJ&T said:
VERY, VERY COOL and we do plan to get out to Europe in 2007. If you're in Europe and you want us to come play please help us spread the word. We really want to do some shows.

I think after all the positive reviews this album is going to generate you guys will be a hot commodity in the European touring circuit.

Be sure to send a promotion packet to Prog-Power Europe here:

http://www.progpower.com/

Prog-Power Europe is an indoor festival not very big but it is visited by lots of press. Riverside made their European break through by playing on this festival.

-----------------------------------

Prog-Power UK:

http://www.progpoweruk.com/contacts.html

Same here as for PP Europe.

----------------------------------------

And don't forget the summer Euro festivals next year:

Bang Your Head:
http://www.bang-your-head.de/english/ekontakt.php

A big festival in Germany

----------------------------------

Wacken:

http://www.wacken.com/en/woa2007/main-headquarter/band-bewerbungen/

The biggest metal festival in Europe!

-----------------------------------

Bloodstock Festival in UK:

http://www.bloodstock.uk.com/bif/faq.php#contact

Relatively big open air festival in the UK.
Lots of press!

------------------------------------

Full Force Festival:

http://www.withfullforce.de/english/contact.html

Big festival in Germany!

------------------------------------

Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium:

http://www.graspop.be/pages/contact.php

A very big festival in Belgium with loads of press coverage and crowds from France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Holland and loads of other countries.

---------------------------------

Sweden Rock:

http://www.swedenrock.com/index.cfm?pageID=7

Huge Scandinavian festival!

---------------------------------

I concentrated on the bigger festivals but there are lots more.

I hope very much that you will send the new album and Info about the band to all above addresses! Even though I'd much rather see you guys in a small, up and close, venue I hope you will be playing some of the above festivals in the summer of 2007!

ZHJ&T said:
METAL and thank you all for posting your thoughts on the new CD.

Jasun

I could not help myself! :headbang:

Take care buddy and send my regards and compliments also to Troy, Mike and Chris. :wave: You guys should be damn proud of this album!

I plan to go on a few europe/english forums and spread the word as soon as I hear the CD; already managed to get a good few people into Zero Hour; understand if you are unable to make UK but will travel over to Holland or wherever when you tour in 2007. Hoping to get the CD in the next few days from Ken so looking forward to this disc> I hope to you play a few smaller places not the greatest festival fan perfer the intimacy of a small concert venue but makes more sense to do the festivals

Right on HAWK and thank you so much for sending this info bro....We will send out some goods to these places for sure.

Bertus is our distributor in Holland so that makes sense that they got the goods out to you man and happy they did.

SPATCH you always help spread the word about us and I very much appreciate it bro.

SO STOKED with all this and thank you guy's so very much for the help.

Jasun

P.S. I dig the Twisted into Form CD!!!

ZHJ&T said:
Right on HAWK and thank you so much for sending this info bro....We will send out some goods to these places for sure.

Bertus is our distributor in Holland so that makes sense that they got the goods out to you man and happy they did.

SPATCH you always help spread the word about us and I very much appreciate it bro.

SO STOKED with all this and thank you guy's so very much for the help.

Jasun

P.S. I dig the Twisted into Form CD!!!

Rock on brother! I really hope the festival thing will work out.

Twisted Into Form! YEA!! :headbang:

Guys I translated my review. Some of the sentences have come out a bit awkward. Sorry for that. This was the best I could do:

=============================================

Zero Hour - Specs Of Pictures Burnt Beyond
Sensory/Bertus

The American band Zero Hour didn't had a easy time the last few years.
After their very successful second 2001 album, 'The Towers of Avarice', original singer Erik Rosvold left the band in September 2004. The band was then already waiting for 3 years to hear his contribution on what would have become their new album. A year later Zero Hour would release the album "A Fragile Mind" with singer Fred Marshall. The album was well received but did not get the same positive reactions as "Towers" did. It would become clear that the bands also knew that something was not well because as just fast as Marshall was hired he was out of the band again. Then on February the 4th of this year the news was coming that ex-Power of Omens vocalist Chris Salinas would be the permanent singer.

For those who don't know; Power of Omens was a very progressive metal band from Texas who's 1998 debut album was a classic in the prog-metal genre. However the question was, if Chris Salinas with his sensitive Geoff Tate like voice would fit with the band. Because Zero Hour plays very technical metal with intense walls of sounds and staccato riffs that now and then sound like Fear Factory. However when I heard the album, all fears were put to rest, this time the band has made the right choice.

It is noticeable that the band has put a lot more quiet sometimes almost jazz-like passages in their songs, which makes that the quiet and atmospheric voice of Salinas is given space to shine. I trust that I won't have to tell to anyone that this does wonders for the dynamics of the album. Once you get used to the intense style of Zero Hour, you are rewarded with an fantastic album that will draw you in completely. There are only 7 songs on this 45 minutes and 8 seconds lasting album, but each song shines like a jewel! Really beautiful are those passages where bassist Troy Tipton, Guitarist Jasun Tipton, yes they are brothers, and drummer Mike Guy build up the tension in the songs, from quiet to intense, from wild to relaxt. Like, for example, in 'Evidence Of The Unseen or the beautiful album opener "Face The Fear".

Chris Salinas whispers, talks, sings and screams himself through this album and shows that he is the high class vocalist that fits Zero Hour perfectly. The diverse compositions and the fact that they have been written like real songs makes sure that this album is endlessly intriguing. Their are new things to hear time after time and the album keeps on growing. This is what makes listening to Specs Of Pictures Burned Beyond a mesmerizing and addictive experience.

Its very likely that this album will top my year list at the end of this year. Its a metal classic and thus a fantastic achievement of this young and promising band.

That was a great review to read and you really gave the overall feel of what "Specs of Pictures Burnt Beyond" is all about Hawk.

Thank you so much for taking the time to send this and very STOKED to hear Fading is enjoying the disc as well.

METAL MY BRUTHAS and you made our night.

Jasun

I am so jealous of you guys who have the album already! (And I trust it is from review/promo copies [as in Hawk's case] and early deliveries of pre-orders and not any leaked music!) As for me, I will be obtaining a copy of the new disc tomorrow on the release date from a local CD store (if they have a copy when I get there...please please please).

I totally can't wait. I love the Zero Hour sound, although I've only heard 'Towers of Avarice' and the Death Machine album. (I do have both Power of Omens discs and they were an amazing prog metal band, the guitarist is a great guy who I've been fortunate to have some email interaction with. In fact, I found Zero Hour through the Power of Omens' myspace!) Anyway, Chris Salinas is the man for the job! and as soon as I heard the sample from 'Evidence of the Unseen' I've been anticipating the new stuff with bated breath. ;)

As a side note, for those not exclusively into metal, you may find want to visit David Gellegos' myspace (former Power of Omens guitarist) and check out his solo flamenco guitar work! It's crazy talented stuff! Anyway, this post is about ZH. And I can't wait to hear the new stuff guys. METAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!

Right on rakeman and hope your local CD store has it tomorrow bro. Thanks for the support and I agree Dave's solo material is awesome.

METAL!!

Jasun

Great review Hawk really makes me so anxious to hear the CD
I think the whole Flamenco stuff is David first love these days musically speaking; cool CD