Car Thread

haha yeah, it's true.

I don't see how anyone would choose a truck over the Ferrari FXX in the video I posted. That's the closest thing to a F1 car you can get that's available for consumer purchase. Although, Ferrari made it a point to not allow anyone to take the car home with them. Instead, you spend $1.6 million for a car that Ferrari keeps stored for you and only permits you to drive it on their approved track. It's actually quite a novel idea and just shows how much they care about their cars. They've only produced 30 (technically 31) and they want to keep the cars around and avoid what has begun to happen with the Enzo, which is what the FXX is based off of. Too many rich snobs were driving Enzo's around like they knew what they were doing and wrecking them left and right. Which is a shame because that car is sick too.

Anyways, tangent aside, cars > trucks and there's no argument.

I see no practical purpose in owning a car thats close or similar to an F1. It can't hold hardly anything, can't even go on the shoulder of the road, can't go even remotely close to it's max speed legally in the US, and most road systems in the world it can't even drive on at all.

On the other hand, everything that, or most, cars can't do, a full size truck can.

"Derp it goes really fast on a closed course track derp" is a pointless benefit, unless you plan on racing.

People who can actually afford a car worth $1.6 million don't understand the meaning of "practical," so this argument need not apply to them.

Trucks are a complete waste of money in my opinion, unless you actually use it like a truck, in which case it becomes a complete waste of money like I just said. Sure, you can haul and do really cool manly shit like you see in all of those retarded Chevrolet commercials, but all you're doing is beating the hell out of your overpriced vehicle. All that stupid manly cool stuff you want to haul around in your truck can be delivered to you for a fraction of the cost and wear/tear. Unless you buy a beater and plan on just thrashing the truck by going offroading and shit, they cost a lot more money than cars both at the time of purchase and during operation and in maintenance, and they depreciate faster (except Toyota's for some reason). The maintenance part is mostly due to shitty materials and parts that manufacturers put in these vehicles so that when you actually use the vehicle for what it's intended for it ends up breaking. They also use more gas, which is a huge expense.

People who can actually afford a car worth $1.6 million don't understand the meaning of "practical," so this argument need not apply to them.

Trucks are a complete waste of money in my opinion, unless you actually use it like a truck, in which case it becomes a complete waste of money like I just said. Sure, you can haul and do really cool manly shit like you see in all of those retarded Chevrolet commercials, but all you're doing is beating the hell out of your overpriced vehicle. All that stupid manly cool stuff you want to haul around in your truck can be delivered to you for a fraction of the cost and wear/tear. Unless you buy a beater and plan on just thrashing the truck by going offroading and shit, they cost a lot more money than cars both at the time of purchase and during operation and in maintenance, and they depreciate faster (except Toyota's for some reason). The maintenance part is mostly due to shitty materials and parts that manufacturers put in these vehicles so that when you actually use the vehicle for what it's intended for it ends up breaking. They also use more gas, which is a huge expense.

Hauling is hardly "beating the shit out of your vehicle".

I'd like to eventually get an Audi A5 or maybe even an S5. The perfect luxury/sport mix IMO.

2008-Audi-S5-Side-Angle-1280x960.jpg

Getting work done on my car right now. The conversation on the phone with the mechanic was actually hilarious, my car is a total piece. I've completely abused it, basically everything on it is fucked just like I suspected. :lol:

So, I sold my car to a buddy at work. He needed a car that was good on gas and he knew I was moving so I told him to make me an offer.

I also kinda, sorta, possibly, might have bought a truck yesterday. It's a 1993 S-10 (square body), black, extended cab, 2WD, 4.3 liter Vortec, automatic, 156k miles. One of my brother's friends happened to have it sitting around so I showed up to his place with $1,000 and bought it. The engine is in good condition, all it needs is a new distributor cap and a few upgrades here and there. The body looks like an 18 year old car body, but my brother and I are going to do a complete makeover of the exterior; new grill, get rid of the stupid looking chrome side moldings and vinyl decals, new roll pan and front bumper, maybe a new hood. We're going to paint it jet black all over, rhino line the bed, inside the fender wells, truck frame, under the carpet in the interior, pretty much everywhere you can get that shit we're spraying/rolling it on. My goal is to complete the project spending up to $1,000, aka ballin on a budget. I'm pretty sure the wheels and tires alone are going to cost upwards of $600 so my goal may be a little unreasonable but we'll see.

I'm pretty excited to get working on this. Once it's finished I'll post before and after shots.

Damn it, we need more people posting in this thread.

I went and bought some wheels yesterday for my truck. They're Chip Foose signature edition wheels. They retail for $400+ a piece and I got all four for $650 caysh. Here's a pic...

300300000Foose-DF-5.jpg

We're going to paint them black, leave a chrome lip, and leave the little bolts on the inside of the rim chrome as well. Gonna look siiiikkk

My car passed inspection after 500$. Still a ton of stuff I need worked on. It's a shame Saab went under the way they did or else it would be easier to find cheap parts. When things brake on it getting it fixed is the biggest pain in the ass. I've already spent more in repairs than I did for the car (6000$) or atleast damn close to it.

Btw this is what I'm rollin' around in...
Saab 9-5
0609_z_2006_saab_9_5+front.jpg

Might post an actual pic later.