Car Thread

A month ago I acquired a 2004 Ford Escape from my parents as a graduation gift. It was their old car but still runs like new. Nothing much else special about it.

001-2.jpg

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-2.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011-1.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

Just did a full brake job on my truck. Saved a lot of money but what a pita trying to get the rotors turned on a Sunday. Still more work to be done in another couple of weeks. Balancing and U Joints I think. Got a little vibration at certain speeds.

Goddamn I love this car.

I already have a few things I want to do to it. I'll just list it out:

1. Tint the windows all around, 20% on sides and back, 5% on brow.
2. Paint the stock wheels gunmetal, paint these wheels gunmetal as well but leave the polished lip.
3. Get a new spoiler for it, the 05-06 stock one aka a proper small spoiler not a wing.
4. Paint the grill the Arctic Blue, leaving the badge Chrome and the mesh black.
5. Front and rear lips.
6. Additional gauges to mount in pillar.
7. New injectors, valves and springs, and maybe new cams later on.
8. Adjust the coilovers slightly lower.
9. After I do all of this, I'm going to get it tuned and dynoed to see what she's got.

Those aren't the stock wheels, those are $1600 SSR Competition Wheels and $600 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 tires. I am going to paint the factory Acura wheels gunmetal and use those for every day driving though.

"Carbon look" plastic wrap is a bit ghey tbh

Bonnet pins are also a bit tryhard

Lose the mudflaps

Buy a VW :fu:

Listen here rooks. That hood is a VIS Carbon Fiber hood, a legit carbon fiber hood retailing for around $600 that is. :lol: I would have preferred that it wasn't painted before hand, but the hood pins are a requirement if you want to see any track time because CF hoods like to flop around like a dick in the wind on the track. It's a safety precaution and they are fully functional, not just for looks. He had the hood pins installed so he could track it, and due to the fact that some yuppie probably fubared the hood after drilling into it, they painted it to make it look better. I might try to find someone to trade with or end of taking the hood pins out and patching up the hood and just repaint it, I dunno. To be honest though, it's starting to grow on me a little. heh

And yeah, I'll be taking the gayflaps off this weekend.

Thanks for the compliments.

Oh, it also has a racing harness as well. Forgot to mention that.

Fair enuff, carbon fibre it be. I'll just have to hang shit on it being a Honda instead. :D

What's it running under this fibrous hood?

2.0L DOHC VTEC. Stock it's pushing around ~200HP, but as it sits it's probably closer to 225-230. I'm going to get it tuned and dynoed here pretty soon because it's been about 5 years since the previous owner had it done. Once I put new injectors, fuel rail, and cams it'll be pushing ~240HP. That's a lot for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine. Honda power ftw! :p