Car Thread

Damn it, we need more people posting in this thread.

I went and bought some wheels yesterday for my truck. They're Chip Foose signature edition wheels. They retail for $400+ a piece and I got all four for $650 caysh. Here's a pic...

300300000Foose-DF-5.jpg

We're going to paint them black, leave a chrome lip, and leave the little bolts on the inside of the rim chrome as well. Gonna look siiiikkk

Are those chrome? :erk:

Damn it, we need more people posting in this thread.

I went and bought some wheels yesterday for my truck. They're Chip Foose signature edition wheels. They retail for $400+ a piece and I got all four for $650 caysh. Here's a pic...

300300000Foose-DF-5.jpg

We're going to paint them black, leave a chrome lip, and leave the little bolts on the inside of the rim chrome as well. Gonna look siiiikkk

nice grab. I used to love chrome back when i owned a Mustang but now i'm partial to polished aluminum.

I've never owned a car but I've been allowed to drive a few.

I doubt you can even get these in America lol.

Skoda-Felicia.jpg

I think it it had a 1 litre sidevalve engine.

It was so easy to drive though.

So you guys remember that S-10 project truck I bought? Well, I sold it already. My friend wanted a nice truck and talked me into selling mine as is. I was only about halfway through the rebuild (engine upgrades were done, body work was about to start) but it's out of my hands now. My brother is still going to do the body work but charge my friend mostly just for cost of materials. In a way I'm kind of glad because it saves me a lot of work but I was really looking forward to seeing that thing finished. Oh well.

Right now I'm on the prowl for an Integra Type R. I found a couple but they're both yellow. :erk:

Fuck yeah KD, I love Integras. Hope the car turns out to be clean!

Ya it is a really good price. The pessimist in me thinks there's something wrong with it because he has it list a good $3-4 grand less than some others I've seen, but who knows.

If I buy that ITR, the first thing I'm doing is painting those wheels.

Ya it is a really good price. The pessimist in me thinks there's something wrong with it because he has it list a good $3-4 grand less than some others I've seen, but who knows.

I would be suspicious about the condition moreso because of the demographic corner the seller is painted into by the background in the pictures.

So I talked to the guy and found out some more about the car. Apparently it was stolen and has a rebuilt title. The stock Recaro seats and stereo were ganked but the rest of the car was returned. He showed me pictures of the VIN's on the engine and the chassis and they match up so that was relieving. He was totally up front about it which made me lean towards taking his word for it and what he's done to the car. Either way, I'm taking a trip down there this weekend to check it out.

Changes of plans, sort of. There's a guy I know through a guy I know in Chicago who's selling is 2002 RSX Type-S. I'm heading up there Saturday morning to check it out. From what he told me on the phone, the car is mint (less than 45k miles) and a shit load of mods. Here's a few I recall from our conversation (or at least all I could write down):

-hondata KPro (ECU chip)
-hondata intake manifold gasket
-injen cold air intake
-ingalls torque damper
-unorthodox racing pulleys
-energy suspension engine mounts
-stainless brake lines
-hawk hps brake pads
-powerslot slotted rotors
-quaife limited slip diff
-acura tsx 6th gear/new final drive
-competition clutch and flywheel
-stainless clutch lines
-buddy club racing coilovers
-buddy club racing ball joints
-energy suspension bushings
-lca spherical caster bushings
-progress rear sway bar
-hotchkis front and rear endlinks
-mugen rear strut brace
-dc sports titanium front strut brace
-vis carbon fiber hood
-after market grill
-digital shift light
-sparco grip pedals w/dead pedal
-acura nsx shift knob
-scroth racing harness
-buddy club short shifter
-borla stainless steel catback
-jackson racing header
-ssr racing wheels
-and a car cover

So, basically, it's a fucking racecar. And he only wants $12k for it. Hmm...

I recently bought a 2007 Hyundai Accent for $4350 ($4800 after tax and tags). Only 60,000 miles so it's got some life left in it. I got it for a pretty low price because the owner's daughter who had it before had a habit of backing into things.

I'm driving around in a 1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer(which means it's loaded with luxuries) Six disk cd changer with another disk in the dash, on board computer with fuel economy, oil life, and any other info about the damn car I need to know, Heated Leather seats, Sunroof, basically anything you could get as an option in '99. I fit an entire duel bass drum kit in the back with all the hardware and a guitar, cab and head. There's usually room for more but we don't need to stuff it so we don't haha.

It's got the 4.0 liter v6 and as of now there is Nothing mechanically wrong with it. Some rust underneath but that's what comes with living in new england. I average around 21 mpg and rarely do any highway driving.

The best part about this thing was how I bought it. Trolling craigslist I came across an ad that read "'99 Explorer no issues 121000 miles. Loaded. $2500" No pictures, no phone number, just the craigslist anonymous email address. Emailed, went for a test drive and paid cash within 20 minutes.

I've only done basic work to it like brakes and the rear shock absorbers. Put 30000 miles on it. Bought it 8 months ago. Love this damn thing haha.