CARCASS Producer COLIN RICHARDSON Quits Mixing New Album; ANDY SNEAP Steps In - Mar

Really can not wait to hear this album..
Everyone is also interested to learn more information about the equipment
amp/cab/mic bass preamp etc

If you head over to the Carcass facebook page they have mentioned some of the gear they've used on the new record. I've seen posts saying Andy's personal amp(s) was/were used, maybe his 5150 since I've seen one in some of the pics. A Kemper is notably mentioned there too. I believe Adrian Erlandsson's drum kit was used as well.

Wow
Here it is - Andy's Magic in action. Punchy, cleanly, depth and other bunch of tricks that makes sound frendly to ear

Doesn't sound like a traditional Sneap mix at all to me

yeah
It seems 421/57 in blend . More room mics for cymbals - not typical amount ambient for Sneap's mixes. But I absolutely love it. Coz' when you hear basically OH's sound from cymbals there is a vacuum that creates a void or lack of something in a mix

This sounds more like a Richardson mix to me, maybe it's one that he finished before quitting as producer?

Still sounds damn good, very reminiscent of their older stuff.

Good song and good mix but I am disappointed CR didn't mix it.
It is missing the open and organic sound the earlier stuff had.
Heartwork is my favourite metal mix because it sounds like a band in their prime which is what it is.
Listen to heartwork and the guitars are wider and clearer.
The kicks are more thud than click.
The snare drops a bit in the blasts and sounds like a human being hitting it.
The triggered snares in this are very fatiguing, especially in the fast blast parts.

This, of course, may not be the final mix/ master.
In saying that I am really looking forward to the album.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colin mixed one album that sounded like Heartwork two decades ago. The new album sounds great, so no sense in waxing poetic with "what if's" of tape machines and time machines.

OMG.................they are back....If this is what the entire album sounds like, they have completely surpassed my expectations, which were high (and hoping not to get let down).....WOW

This song is... AWESOME!! Damn, first Sabbath and now Carcass! It reminds me of "Tools of the Trade" with the solo section of Carnal Forge, it's not as melodic as Heartwork (judging only by this song of course) but it has the compact songwriting that Necroticism lacked IMO so it sounds like a cooler Necroticism. I like how the drummer actually tries to sound like Ken Owen, except less sloppy hahahaha